Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

Delighted to hear that, you will be off them before you know it. I'm
    Back Tomor for bp check so fingers crossed it's on the way down. Feeling good otherwise. Baby is really good great feeder and sleeper total contrast to my first!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I am thrilled spotty :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

bp wrote: »
    I am thrilled spotty :-)

You're just happy I can look at your name again and not be irrationally angry :P

You're just happy I can look at your name again and not be irrationally angry :P

That too! I was tempted to change it for you! Ironic part is when I signed up I didn't mean to be bp...I miss typed!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

In hospital with S again... Tonsilitis for the fourth time and she is in so much pain. This is her 7th inpatient stay in 14 months. 2 day cases. She is in such awful pain and I'm miserable for her. It's just not fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

cyning wrote: »
    In hospital with S again... Tonsilitis for the fourth time and she is in so much pain. This is her 7th inpatient stay in 14 months. 2 day cases. She is in such awful pain and I'm miserable for her. It's just not fair.

Cyning that's awful, the poor thing. What age is she? Have you smaller kids at home? It must be so stressful. Hope she recovers quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Cyning, poor little S. I feel so bad for you guys. Sending lots of hugs xxx

That's rough cyning, will they take out her tonsils when she's old enough, seeing as she's having so many bouts of it? Tonsilitis was the worst pain I've ever experienced, and can come on so suddenly. Hope she's better soon.

She's 14 months and I have an almost three year old at home too... She already has had grommets in I said at last appt she had three bouts of tonsilitis since Nov so he said they will monitor it but they don't take them out until they are older... I never asked what older is.

Literally I collected her from the childminder at 5 yest: she was eating an apple climbing on a chair. By 530 she was crying and I gave her calpol: 615 I gave neurofen because her temp was 39. Rang Southdoc at 730 after her temp started to rise and it was 39.9 with them at 830: she was admitted into hosp on the ward (which is a half an hour drive) by 930. She went downhill scary fast. Temp didn't come down until today. She really frightened me last night her heart rate was 237 when she had her obs find when she was admitted (she was bawling at the time too).

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Soooky

You poor things :(:( I suffered badly with my tonsils and only had them out at age 27 :eek: best thing ever though and I never looked back! Your poor little one, hope she is feeling better soon.....

• Advertisement

I just woke my poor husband while I'm up feeding the baby to ask about his tonsils! His were taken out when he was just over 3, I asked how many times he had tonsilitis and he said in the end it was nearly once a week. So pretty young, but his was very severe.

Oh cyning, you poor thing. I hope you all get some rest x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

That's so frightening for you all Cyning. Hope the poor little thing makes a speedy recovery.

I'd say he was delighted to be woken up spotty ;) I think it's three alright I'll have a chat to paed today see what they can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

cyning wrote:
    I'd say he was delighted to be woken up spotty I think it's three alright I'll have a chat to paed today see what they can do.

Awh Cynong poor S. She really has been through the mill in her short lil life.
    Hope she is doing better.
    Yep it is 3. A is just gone 3 last month so we are patiently waiting our letter.
    Like S she had grommets, at 19mmths though. We got a good few months of no illness though before throat started .

We are after getting her referred to an immunologist... It's neverending with her. She's on the prophylactic antibiotic again so hoping that keeps tonsilitis at bay for awhole. How are you doing?

We are after getting her referred to an immunologist... It's neverending with her. She's on the prophylactic antibiotic again so hoping that keeps tonsilitis at bay for awhole. How are you doing?

I hope they figure it out soon

How is the little one Cyning?

Why do toddlers insist on waking at 5am :-(

How is the little one Cyning?

Why do toddlers insist on waking at 5am :-(

Oh snap! 5am starts suck :(

She's alright-ish... Temp is up again so bringing her to doc soon just in case tonsilitis has flared again. But she got her first shoes this weekend she's so cute in them :) a size 3 such a tot!

Oh snap! 5am starts suck :(

She's alright-ish... Temp is up again so bringing her to doc soon just in case tonsilitis has flared again. But she got her first shoes this weekend she's so cute in them :) a size 3 such a tot!

Ah that is cute :-) poor chicken being unwell :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Wow, I'd almost forgotten the sheer exhaustion of those first months, think I'll put off getting pregnant for another while! We came back from the U.S. On Sunday, so sleep was all over the place. 15mth old took a week to adjust on the way out, (up at 3am running about the place!) so we tried to be stricter about naps this side. Hard to do when all you want is to nap yourself!
    Baba took until 11pm to go to sleep last night, hubby eventually found 2 molars coming through :( we haven't had to deal with teeth since before Xmas! So teetha gel on and then he passed out. Great until 3am when he wakes with a massive temp! Tried everything to bring it down, and then he puked up calpol in our bed :( spare room still has full suitcases on the bed.....
    He was thrashing around the place, crying hysterically if we put him int he bath. Man it was hard. 5 am he finally closes his eyes. Next door wake us at 8 with someone running around in cloggs I presume.
    Put my cereal in babies bowl and almost added oj.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

The tantrums. I don't know why he's so angry. He goes from being super sweet and happy to lying on the floor screaming as if he's being murdered in five seconds flat, for things as little as me moving my laptop two inches across the table. He's 14 months old and this is getting old very, very quickly.

My 15 month old has started having some strops too. 20 minute meltdown the other day because I wouldn't let him go outside in the rain! Inconsolable too and he's usually easily distracted. Also very easily frustrated when say trying to open his toy cars door and its jammed by another toy.

People warned me the terrible twos start at 18 mths!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

We've never had any kind of 20 minute meltdowns with our one, but can definitely sympathise with them getting frustrated and falling to pieces over the tiniest things. For us 90% of the time a tantrum comes down to tiredness, hunger, or needing to poo. Back at the earlier stage, teething could also bring on tantrums.

The only long tantrums we've had are when she's been put in her room for doing something. Which is funny because the room is full of toys but all she wants to do is get out :D

Ah it wasn't so much a tantrum as lots and lots of tears! I'm just surprised how soon their emotions can overwhelm them. He's far too young to even talk him out of it. And come to think of it he was teething at the time!

I think I have the only baby that hates cosleeping. He spends the night swaddled in his cradle but with waking every 1.5-2hrs I'm wrecked, every desperate attempt at getting a bit more sleep by cosleeping fails because he cries and cries beside me, just wants to be on me. I'm. So. Tired.

I think I have the only baby that hates cosleeping. He spends the night swaddled in his cradle but with waking every 1.5-2hrs I'm wrecked, every desperate attempt at getting a bit more sleep by cosleeping fails because he cries and cries beside me, just wants to be on me. I'm. So. Tired.

Could you try a bottle either formula or expressed milk and get hubby to take one feed - you go to the spare room and get sleep! Or give a feed at 8pm or so, go to bed and leave hubby downstairs to do the next feed and stay down with baby until next feed so you get 4hours straight or so. that is what we do.

I am enjoying that rare moment of two children asleep at the same time! Feck making dinner I am sitting!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭traineeacc

My toddler won't nap day time anymore what I would give for an hour of peace during the day!!!!

• Advertisement

Could you try a bottle either formula or expressed milk and get hubby to take one feed - you go to the spare room and get sleep! Or give a feed at 8pm or so, go to bed and leave hubby downstairs to do the next feed and stay down with baby until next feed so you get 4hours straight or so. that is what we do.

I would wake anyway, our spare room is right beside our room and I'm a light sleeper and baby is a screamer, by the time my husband was properly awake I'd be in picking the baby up already. We also have a bungalow so I can't get upstairs away from the noise :) My husband is working until 10pm tonight and the last few nights, he's off on Sunday so I'll hopefully get a lie in for a little while then.

If I express and miss a feed I'd just end up trying to sleep on rock hard leaking boobs though, so not a great alternative! The broken sleep was bearable until last night but the vaccines have him waking up cranky which he NEVER does, normally he's a dream during the night but trying to comfort him at 6am on top of it was just too much!

Advertisement