Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

Don't tell her the real time, tell her a time she won't argue with. When my mil asks is he sleeping at night I just say yep. I'll only get "advice" if I tell her how much he wakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I don't tell my Mil the truth about sleeping through the night or sometimes lack of it at all. My husband and I kinda came to an official agreement on it!!! It saves lots of stories about other children she knows sleeping through the night and what we should be doing etc.!!! It just makes our lives easier. She means we'll but it can drive me insane!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I have a bad cold with a particularly loud cough... So as well as feeling like crap I have mammy guilt because every time I cough the baby cries cause she's scared. FML

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

My mother is most helpful....."tell him to sleep(he is five months old), you (meaning me) slept through 12 hours by two months...."

I point out that is because I was a wonderful baby and nothing she did!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

So the kids have decided 5 o clock is an acceptable time to get up!! Got to 5:45 this morning. Can deal with this as its a phase and we take it in turns to get up. What annoys me is my MIL well meaning as she is making suggestions as to what we are doing wrong because they're up so early. Stop making 'that face' when you hear how early they were up in the morning!!

I ****ing hate that face. :mad::mad:
    5.10am is our getting up time

I don't talk to anyone about his sleeping - anyone asks they are told "he is grand" or "he is sleeping like a baby" much easier than dealing with the face and the idiotic advice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Had the 7-9 mth check up for my little girl this morning. The doctor noticed that her leg creases are uneven and she asked had I noticed anything unusual. Of course, I said no, completely forgetting that I HAD noticed that her legs look a bit uneven when she goes in the jumperoo. I had even said it to my OH that I was going to mention it at the checkup :rolleyes: Luckily the dr referred her on for an xray anyway, just in case, so at least if there is a problem it'll show up. When does this baby brain go away??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Had the 7-9 mth check up for my little girl this morning. The doctor noticed that her leg creases are uneven and she asked had I noticed anything unusual. Of course, I said no, completely forgetting that I HAD noticed that her legs look a bit uneven when she goes in the jumperoo. I had even said it to my OH that I was going to mention it at the checkup :rolleyes: Luckily the dr referred her on for an xray anyway, just in case, so at least if there is a problem it'll show up. When does this baby brain go away??

Does he think it could be hip dysphasia Cason Embarrassed Tablespoon? Hopefully X-ray will be ok x

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Does he think it could be hip dysphasia mrspostman? Hopefully X-ray will be ok x

She said that the range of movement etc is fine but based on the leg creases, she would like to xray as a precaution in case it is dysplasia. It was only when I came out and rang my OH, I remembered that her legs look uneven. So it looks like there might be a problem after all :(

She said that the range of movement etc is fine but based on the leg creases, she would like to xray as a precaution in case it is dysplasia. It was only when I came out and rang my OH, I remembered that her legs look uneven. So it looks like there might be a problem after all :(

Aw no. I hope all goes ok. Hip dysphasia would be very much inherited Cason Embarrassed Tablespoon. children would be at much higher risk if their parents or relatives have it. That's not to say they won't... But if there is no family history keep your hopes up.

Thanks Sligo :) No history of it in the family afaik but a bit too much of a coincidence that I noticed something too. We'll see what the xray says anyway. On the upside, I brought my little boy with me and convinced the phn to give him his 18-24mth checkup while we were there so saves the hassle of having to drag them back again soon :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Sligo :) No history of it in the family afaik but a bit too much of a coincidence that I noticed something too. We'll see what the xray says anyway. On the upside, I brought my little boy with me and convinced the phn to give him his 18-24mth checkup while we were there so saves the hassle of having to drag them back again soon :)

Ah well at least that's something. If it's any consolation at all the earlier the hip dysphasia its diagnosed the better. Can u imagine trying to put a toddler or a crawler in a spika cast! Nightmare for the poor pets. It's easier for them when they are young and haven't been walking. Make sure to get your toddlers hips checked aswell tho. As it does run in families and can be missed and cause problems later on in life if missed. My best friends little girl is just out of her spika cast. She got it at 5 months and just has the brace now. Such a happy little pet as she knew no different. I know your not in Dublin but can give u the name of a great consultant here if it is diagnosed. It's the one my friend went to. We both worked in orthopaedics for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I fell horribly broke my wrist last night and needed an operation on it this morning... I swear to god I had better win the lotto this weekend :) also changing nappies one handed not going to be fun. Or explaining to toddler why I won't take the sock off my hand ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Oh god what an absolute pain in the arse! Get well soon!

cyning wrote: »
    I fell horribly broke my wrist last night and needed an operation on it this morning... I swear to god I had better win the lotto this weekend :) also changing nappies one handed not going to be fun. Or explaining to toddler why I won't take the sock off my hand ;)

Omg you poor thing. Hope ur ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

You poor thing cyning, i hope you have lots of help around you.

Oh no :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Hubby is going to work from home today and tomorrow, mil coming Saturday and he's off Sunday: I need another X-ray and new cast Tuesday so fingers crossed by then I'll be managing much better :) breaking your wrist with 2 under 3 is a bad bad idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

OMG cyning, that is just awful. I hope your wrist miraculously heals really quickly. You have my sympathies :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

that is awful luck, cyning, you poor thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Oh jeez cyning, that sucks! Right or left? I was in a sling when I had one smallie and it was a pure dose. I'd just check out altogether with two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Cyning, that's a major headache!

My whinge, my stupid neighbours are gone on holidays for 2 weeks and their alarm has been going off periodically since Sunday, it was annoying when it woke me at 2 and then 5 the other morning, but it's been going off non stop since 10:30 this morning

I asked them did they want to leave keys or numbers before they left, no, we have someone looking after it all, well where the hell are they so I can scream at them!!! And there is nothing I can do :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

Oh no! That's the pits! I broke my wrist before and I was useless! Hope you have lots of help and get that lotto win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Why will my child not nap?! Why? I'm going insane! Yesterday it took him an hour to go down and only slept for a little over 1 hr. I got nothing doe. At all. He passed out within 5 min when his dad put him down last night he was so exhausted.

Again today he's been in his cot for an hour now. No sign of calming at all although his eyes are hanging out of his head. He's also got a cold, and he's eating me out of house and home :(

My 2.5 year old is the same :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

bp wrote: »
    My 2.5 year old is the same :-(

Mine went off hers for about 2 weeks. Was heartbroken because I wanted her to keep having them to get me through this pregnancy. Thought they were gone and she surprised me last week by taking them back up again. Think she realized how much she missed when it wasn't being forced upon her lol

My fella cut his naps from 3hrs to 1hr recently and I was devastated thinking that my little bit of daytime peace and quiet was gone. Turned out he had an ear infection and it was sore for him to lie down so he was either keeping himself awake or else waking after a short time. The only other symptoms he had was a mild temperature and he was drinking less fluids, which I had put down to teething. As soon as he started the antibiotic his marathon naps resumed :)

It could be ears actually Mrs postman! He's had terrible cold and loads of snots etc. his temp seems to be grand though I've been keeping an eye on it! I've been giving him teething gel ( he's getting 3 of his final 4 teeth at the mo) and snufflebalm stuff.

I'm just so wrecked trying to get him to sleep I just need my timeout on the sofa! I'm supposed to be working too, but nursery won't let him back in til all the green snot is gone! Poor fella is wrecked, he usually sleeps 2-3 hrs nap, and 11-12 hrs at night.

Nursery even asked if we'd comsider leaving him stay and extra hour til 3 as they don't like to wake him when I arrive - he's usually been asleep over 2 hrs by then!

Aw the poor thing, it's awful to see them sick :( Might be worth getting his ears checked so, just in case. Our lad had been on an antibiotic for a chest infection a few weeks previous and we thought he had gotten better but it turned out that the antiobiotic wasn't strong enough and left him with the ear infection.

Oh poor fella. I really hate antibiotics, feel it takes weeks to get over them:(

• Advertisement

Mine just hates naps, would be about to pass out and would not sleep :-(

Advertisement