Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Sleep and No Coffee Makes Parents Something Something

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 886 ✭✭✭Emmadilema123

Was in the shopping center today and had my little girl in one of those little baby mercs. She was having a ball when this elderly woman came over to us! She was absolutely delighted to see a little one having such a great time and bent down to have a little chat with her! She was so sweet and so over joyed at the sight of a child having such a good time! It made me think about how when ppl say to you to enjoy every minute because they grow up so fast! I sometimes miss those moments because I'm busy organizing the next moment! Life is so busy but I'm def going to try harder to enjoy them more! Lesson learned today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

Was in the shopping center today and had my little girl in one of those little baby mercs. She was having a ball when this elderly woman came over to us! She was absolutely delighted to see a little one having such a great time and bent down to have a little chat with her! She was so sweet and so over joyed at the sight of a child having such a good time! It made me think about how when ppl say to you to enjoy every minute because they grow up so fast! I sometimes miss those moments because I'm busy organizing the next moment! Life is so busy but I'm def going to try harder to enjoy them more! Lesson learned today!

Thats so nice! It's a good lesson to remember.

A few months back my little one was playing by Rathfarnham castle and a lovely woman, probably in her sixties came over to us and said to me, I hope you realise how lucky you are, enjoy your beautiful happy girl. She wasn't a bit condescending or preachy, just genuinely thought children were the greatest gift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

It's my birthday tomorrow and with both of the kids smothered with a cold, it was shaping up to be a fairly miserable one (not that I really do birthdays anyway). Youngest was brought into our bed earlier because she just wouldn't settle and then OH fecked off down to the couch because she was disturbing him. Had myself set up for a sleepless night until, by some miracle, my little girl conked soundly and I managed to sneak her back into her cot without waking.

So now I'm sprawled out across the bed alone eating a 95% dark chocolate bar watching TV in peace. Best. Birthday. Present. Ever. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

It's my birthday tomorrow and with both of the kids smothered with a cold, it was shaping up to be a fairly miserable one (not that I really do birthdays anyway). Youngest was brought into our bed earlier because she just wouldn't settle and then OH fecked off down to the couch because she was disturbing him. Had myself set up for a sleepless night until, by some miracle, my little girl conked soundly and I managed to sneak her back into her cot without waking.

So now I'm sprawled out across the bed alone eating a 95% dark chocolate bar watching TV in peace. Best. Birthday. Present. Ever. :D

Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday Mrs. Postman,
    Happy birthday to you 🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

Happy birthday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Happy birthday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Hope the rest of your day went just as well Mrs postman!

My 9 month old is driving me up the wall today. Just really clingy and squealy and I've a headache which isn't helping things. I've been pretty much keeping her quiet with snacks for the last half hour. Her daddy missed the early train so will be home later than expected too ugh

9 month leap going on here.....being driven crazy.....roll on daddy coming home/ bed time

2 low grade fevers here again this morning with no other apparent symptoms of illness. We've had a constant circle of bacterial infections/colds/threatened colds and high temperatures here for the last few months and it's driving me mental. I know it's not serious and it's small in the scheme of things but it's a pain in the arsè nonetheless :(

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

2 low grade fevers here again this morning with no other apparent symptoms of illness. We've had a constant circle of bacterial infections/colds/threatened colds and high temperatures here for the last few months and it's driving me mental. I know it's not serious and it's small in the scheme of things but it's a pain in the arsè nonetheless :(

Know exactly how you feel! Coughs and colds here, constantly! Can't wait for some warmer weather!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My son seems to have got through most of the winter fairly unscathed re viruses, but I'm on my 3rd in 2 months and I'm completely poleaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

IT looks like I may have to increase my days in work which means increasing bubs' days in creche.. How do you get over the guilt? She loves her creche but I was minded as a child and HATED not having my mother around so feel guilty that my daughter might feel the same way.. She's two at the moment..

HELP!!! I have attempted to potty train my 2 (almost 3) year old twice in the last month! Both times we got to day 3 and she has ended up with atrocious diarrhea! Im starting to think its something physchological and am now considering giving it a few months and trying again in summer! Has anyone experienced anything similar? She is due to start naoinra in September but will be doing two year so im not in a mad rush but I have a baby on the way in 5 and a half week's and did hope to have it done by then...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

HELP!!! I have attempted to potty train my 2 (almost 3) year old twice in the last month! Both times we got to day 3 and she has ended up with atrocious diarrhea! Im starting to think its something physchological and am now considering giving it a few months and trying again in summer! Has anyone experienced anything similar? She is due to start naoinra in September but will be doing two year so im not in a mad rush but I have a baby on the way in 5 and a half week's and did hope to have it done by then...

Haven't had any experience with diarrhoea when training but I know it's recommended not to train close to a major event in the child's life, maybe wait until after the baby.

I found that when we tried the second time she was ready and trained within 2 days. It's been a year and probably only had 3 accidents.

If September is the deadline you could try again June/July, which gives you lots of time

If she's stressed and having diarrhoea take a break for both your sakes

Haven't had any experience with diarrhoea when training but I know it's recommended not to train close to a major event in the child's life, maybe wait until after the baby.

I found that when we tried the second time she was ready and trained within 2 days. It's been a year and probably only had 3 accidents.

If September is the deadline you could try again June/July, which gives you lots of time

If she's stressed and having diarrhoea take a break for both your sakes

Yeah thats what im thinking but I just wanted someone to agree with me so it feels like less of a cop out lol

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Yeah thats what im thinking but I just wanted someone to agree with me so it feels like less of a cop out lol

Totally not a cop out. :)

Its stressful for her at the moment, and around the corner will be big changes. Plus summer training is easier as they can run around in their underwear in case of accidents and therefore you are saving on laundry too.

Neyite wrote: »
    Totally not a cop out. :)

Its stressful for her at the moment, and around the corner will be big changes. Plus summer training is easier as they can run around in their underwear in case of accidents and therefore you are saving on laundry too.

My preference would be the summer all right! Ill hold her off till then I think! My son was such a doddle to train so I wasbr expecting any issued lol rookie error

Absolutely wait, I was told to not do it either side of a new baby being born as kids regress. Two months or so either side

bp wrote: »
    Absolutely wait, I was told to not do it either side of a new baby being born as kids regress. Two months or so either side

I did my son before my daughter was born and he was grand so just thought we would give it a shot! Im convinced now that I should wait lol

They are all so different aren't they, it's mad

• Advertisement

bp wrote: »
    They are all so different aren't they, it's mad

I know! I really thought she would be easier with her pretty ninnies and her minnie mouse toilet lol my poor son just got s plain white potty and toilet seat lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I know! I really thought she would be easier with her pretty ninnies and her minnie mouse toilet lol my poor son just got s plain white potty and toilet seat lol

You're a good mum, I'm going to reuse the old potty for my 2 year old next month!! She'll know no different ;0)

You're a good mum, I'm going to reuse the old potty for my 2 year old next month!! She'll know no different ;0)

Lol baby number 3 will be lucky to have anything new! I cant afford all these children ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Emma, my little guy is turning 3 too... He does have a speech delay though so I don't think he's even near to being ready. Anyway, baby due the same time as yours so I think I'm going to delay the training until June. He'll be 3 and 3 months and I'm hoping more clued in......

yellow hen wrote: »
    Emma, my little guy is turning 3 too... He does have a speech delay though so I don't think he's even near to being ready. Anyway, baby due the same time as yours so I think I'm going to delay the training until June. He'll be 3 and 3 months and I'm hoping more clued in......

I'mthinking June myself now! Ah sure I may aswell train her and the new baby together at this stage lol The conquer list seems to get longer the older they get lol

That moment when you finally have everybody ready to leave the house so you go to put your shoes on but when you come back to the kitchen 30 seconds later you realise that you left a bowl of weetabix within reach of the baby :eek: :(

That moment when you finally have everybody ready to leave the house so you go to put your shoes on but when you come back to the kitchen 30 seconds later you realise that you left a bowl of weetabix within reach of the baby :eek: :(

Sorry for laughing out loud to that!

Weetabix is my nemesis!!!

Weetabix is my nemesis!!!

I call it baby cement! Need a chisel to get it off their faces and everywhere else it goes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

I don't give him Weetabix specifically because it wrecks everything, we just stick with oats and water!

Advertisement