Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viking Road Bike

Options
  • 14-10-2013 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Ive found a Viking road bike on done deal for €279

It doesn't give the bike model but just gives me this.
    Ideal entry level road bike featuring a steel road bike frame with 14 speed Shimano gears and handlebar mounted Shimano shifters. This road bike also features rigid front forks along with road caliper brakes to the front and rear, perfect for the long evening to come!!

thats the link if any1 could give the model that would be great.
    http://www.donedeal.ie/bicycles-for-sale/new-gents-road-racer-bike-bicycle-3623/5750433

Just wondering if its worth the money.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Nah, too expensive for an extremely basic and old-fashioned bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭joehayes999

Gonna be a bit heavy and basic. Depends on your budget really. I would be inclined to go with the Carrera from Halfords or the b'twin from Decathlon.co.uk if you can stretch to 300-400. Decathlon will ship from their Belfast shop. I have b'twin, its an aluminium frame with a carbon fork, so a lot lighter than the Viking. Remember too that you will need to spend a few quid more....a helmet, stare tubes, appropriate clothes depending on what you are using the bike for etc. and there is always something to repair or upgrade.

Advertisement