Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 month old yorkie

• 14-10-2013 1:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hey ,

I have a 5 month old yorkie & she has been sleeping through the night since she was about 12 weeks old. She has a crate in the due stairs utility , a cozy blanket. I put her into her crate abd she usually stays there , no crying or whinging. Until about 3 nights ago.

I don't lock the door of her crate or anything . About 3 nights once I close the doir she starts kinda moaning and scratching the door to come out , she keeps it up for a good half hour , but I don't know why she's started it out of no where?

Has this happened anyone? Has anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance
    Cat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 KeithoG66

Puppys are like babys, they go through a stage where all they wanna do is sleep, your puppy is at the stage where it wants to explore. If i where you make sure the pup knows whos boss so when its time to sleep just leave him at let him windge, scratch and eventually bark, dont give in be persistent with him/her

Hope that helps

Peace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Could she be clingy because she's getting ready to come into season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

tk123 wrote: »
    Could she be clingy because she's getting ready to come into season?

I agree with this. Both my BT bitches came in at 5 mths! I always notice a change in behaviour beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭usernamecat

Knine wrote: »
    I agree with this. Both my BT bitches came in at 5 mths! I always notice a change in behaviour beforehand.

Could this be it ? She's our first puppy so we really don't know !! Just s few time she seemed to whimper a little bit when I left the room & she sees usually not a bit bothered about me it's all about my boyfriend she adores him.

I'm going to get her spaded anyways bit I thought pups are usually over 6 months before they come I to season.

Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'm going to get her spaded anyways bit I thought pups are usually over 6 months before they come I to season.

Thanks
    Size matters in that larger dogs come later into heat and smaller earlier usually; also keep in mind that you need to be in between heat cycles for being spayed.

• Advertisement

Nody wrote: »
    Size matters in that larger dogs come later into heat and smaller earlier usually; also keep in mind that you need to be in between heat cycles for being spayed.

Thanks Nody, how do I know ? It's probably better I take her tk the vets this week & get her checked out maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Thanks Nody, how do I know ? It's probably better I take her tk the vets this week & get her checked out maybe.

Have a look at her female bits. You will notice them starting to swell and also when out walking she will be stopping & peeing much more often. Basically leaving a calling card for the boys. On the first day of heat you will may notice drops of blood but some bitches keep themselves really clean.

Sometimes an early first season may be a silent heat with no blood at all just the swelling.

Knine wrote: »
    Have a look at her female bits. You will notice them starting to swell and also when out walking she will be stopping & peeing much more often. Basically leaving a calling card for the boys. On the first day of heat you will may notice drops of blood but some bitches keep themselves really clean.

Sometimes an early first season may be a silent heat with no blood at all just the swelling.

Thanks , I'll ave a little look at her. Definitely haven't noticed any blood or anything. She never pees when she's walking , whatever it is . Not even once. She waits till she's home & goes in the garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Possibly also fireworks. We know when they start because our boy gets very upset and restless. Perhaps she is hearing them and doesn't know what they are?

Advertisement