Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless network at home

Options
  • 14-10-2013 2:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

In my home we have several laptops running windows 8, 7, and vista. I have set up a home group on the windows 8 laptops and can access the files on the windows 7 laptop also.
    Basically what I want to do is share media files with each other. The network seems to function perfectly as I want except that it is very slow at sharing files. I use the eircom issued router (zyxel).
    What I want to know is is there a way to increase the speed of the local network between my laptops?

any help appreciated and if you need any more info then ask, I dont really have much experience with networks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

If you are connecting by wireless then it will be slower than if connecting by cable. Also if you have a mix of wireless g and wireless n devices then the network will only operate at g speed even to the n rated devices.

In addition the wireless speeds quoted are only achievable in laboratory conditions not in the real world.

Advertisement