Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half life 3 is coming!

• 14-10-2013 9:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Any day now :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Forum ID is 1613.

(1+6) - (1+3) = 3

Q.E.D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

3rd post in a thread about Half Life 3. My post count as of posting this, is 21,906:

2+1 = 3 & 9-0-6=3.

It's definitely coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

3.3.33 will be the release date

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,337 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

My wife's sister's husband's cousin's nephew works at Valve and told us that it's going to be the end of the Internet when it's released due to the content will literlaly speaking melt the cables due to overheating as so many people download it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

The wait between Half Life 2 and Half Life 3 is now longer than the wait between Half Life 1 and Half Life 2.

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Possible exclusive for the Steam Machine? I'd happily buy a SM on the promise of HL3 alone. That and Portal 3, TF3, L4D3....... episode3? So much possibility! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

I'd rather a Portal 3 :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,283 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Obligatory pic:

i_want_to_believe___half_life_3_by_gigahertzzz-d5pinxp-408x306.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Mr E wrote: »
    Forum ID is 1613.

QED

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Half life 2 was overrated, who cares about 3.

Portal 3 would be far more entertaining.

• Advertisement

Dustaz wrote: »
    Half life 2 was overrated

Candidate for the first user to be banned form this forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Myrddin wrote: »
    Candidate for the first user to be banned form this forum?

Looks like a breach of Charter Rule 1 :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Blasphemy! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Dude, Portal 3 is Half-life 3.
    The clues are all there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Give me Left for Dead 3 instead (or a LFD free-to-play MMO with vehicles and multiple cities supported by micro transactions of cosmetic items).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I wouldn't mind a L4D3 actually. It seems more realistic than HL3 now which feels like vapourware.
    There's also been more leaked evidence about it too. We'll probably have to wait until the steam boxes get a launch but at least we'll be likely to get an overhaul of the game engine - at least they don't have to hold back as much with the consoles getting updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

l4d3 is in the pipe line. it was already picked up in one of gabes "show and tells".
    HL3 should come out along with l4d3 when the steam box comes out. But maybe l4d3 with the steam os and HL3 with counter strike as 2 stand alone games with cross-platform gaming for the steam box. i hope they do a Oculus Rift pack

HL2 was not over rated. at the time it pushed PC gaming to the next level.

i think the really big story is not when HL3 will be out, but will you move to linux full time and dump windows once and for all?

If i had to guess i'd set the date for the spring of 2014 for HL3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Banjo wrote: »
    Dude, Portal 3 is Half-life 3.
    The clues are all there!

I have to agree, the denouement of Portal 2 slots neatly with the end game of Half Life 2 ep3, I'd say it'll be a two hander, with the stories complementing each other.
    When Chell exits the testing complex I think the time period is concurrent with the time period of HL2 ep3.
    It's possible that we are looking at the release time we are seeing a constant stream from the Universe, so we have had the HL titles followed by the Portal tales.
    We are probably looking at a new story or episode any year now!

preytec wrote: »
    HL2 was not over rated. at the time it pushed PC gaming to the next level.

Very true, its impact on the games industry is still being felt.

I would imagine HL3 will be just as grounbreaking - that's why I cant wait to hear more on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Never knew a Valve & Steam forum existed. I remember the request previously was denied.

So "Valve & Steam", there's three words ergo Half-Life 3 announced through boards. Think my reasoning is pretty solid.

I think if there was a HL3, it would need to be something groundbreaking - something to live up to the history and now the hype. Initially I had thought it would have been realised with a Steam Box. Now that Steam Machines are soon to arrive, I don't think so.

Maybe a free crowbar with ever game sold.

• Advertisement

wyrn wrote: »
    Initially I had thought it would have been realised with a Steam Box. Now that Steam Machines are soon to arrive, I don't think so.

I reckon it will be the flagship title to launch the Source 2 engine, which we know is well into its development now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭TomCleverly

I think Half-Life 3 will be very much like the latest Duke Nukeum game where it's all hyped and hyped to no end and this leads to massive disappointment when it's not unsurprisingly the greatest game of all time. Hope I'm wrong though

This thread :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

lZaTO8l.jpg

Look! here's the link! ;)

Skerries wrote: »
    lZaTO8l.jpg

Look! here's the link! ;)

Good aul Stearn Powered! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

We are still waiting !! Please make it end soon .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Forum resurrected 1 year later.

1+2=3

Half life 3 confirmed

On a serious note have we lost the hope or does anyone think the vapourware will see the light of day

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Right, i'm gonna lock this thread for a while.

There's been no news for years on this, so i don't want anyone getting their hopes up every time this gets bumped (me included) :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement