Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC have upgraded their speeds again! :)

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

Got on to loyalty dept in the evening and got bumped up to 50MB unlimited + phone and down to €27

the package is "UPC Basics"
    http://www.upc.ie/about_us/announcements/
    http://www.upc.ie/pdf/UPCBasicsRangeLaunch.pdf

Basically it means I've undone all the sneaky "upgrades" they have tacked on over the last while. And you get the technicolour modem. And there is a whole thread on that...
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056950728

UPC broadband always reminds me of Fr Ted

They have updated those prices again today - €37 for the unlimited 50Mb + phone

http://www.upc.ie/pdf/UpdatedRelease.pdf

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

chasm wrote: »
    They have updated those prices again today - €37 for the unlimited 50Mb + phone

http://www.upc.ie/pdf/UpdatedRelease.pdf

Sigh, so they go back to not being competitive with Vodafone.

UPC - €37 50mb/5mb - off peak calls
    Vodafone - €37 70mb/20mb - off peak calls
    Vodafone - €32 70mb/20mb

Yup it was too good to be true after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭chasm

bk wrote: »
    Sigh, so they go back to not being competitive with Vodafone.

UPC - €37 50mb/5mb - off peak calls
    Vodafone - €37 70mb/20mb - off peak calls
    Vodafone - €32 70mb/20mb

Yup it was too good to be true after all.

This is the reply given on the "talk to.." section:

"On October 16th we announced details our Basic Collections portfolio. All packages / prices were subject to final approval before release. One package was updated from €30 to €37, which is still the most competitive price available compared to current market offerings."

Ah still they got the column inches in the newspapers for the Non approved package price!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,403 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

chasm wrote: »
    This is the reply given on the "talk to.." section:

"On October 16th we announced details our Basic Collections portfolio. All packages / prices were subject to final approval before release. One package was updated from €30 to €37, which is still the most competitive price available compared to current market offerings."

Ah still they got the column inches in the newspapers for the Non approved package price!

And it's not the most competitive price available compared to current market offerings according to the Vodafone offering of 70/20 for 37?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Mesut Ozil

I have my eye on Vodafone's €32 product for mobile customers. I'm surprised UPC aren't trying to best that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭photofinish

Mesut Ozil wrote: »
    I have my eye on Vodafone's €32 product for mobile customers. I'm surprised UPC aren't trying to best that.

Only problem with that pack is they are telling lies.

Unlimited**

Look down the page ** means 300Gig fair usage.

Or to put it all into basic English.

Unlimited usage and down the bottom of the page in smaller print unlimited usage subject to a limited usage cap.

However is all ok they did put these **:D.

These days with Sky and UPC unlimited means unlimited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

Only problem with that pack is they are telling lies.

Unlimited**

Look down the page ** means 300Gig fair usage.

Or to put it all into basic English.

Unlimited usage and down the bottom of the page in smaller print unlimited usage subject to a limited usage cap.

However is all ok they did put these **:D.

These days with Sky and UPC unlimited means unlimited.

If you actually read the proper terms and conditions, you will see the following:

**Most Vodafone broadband packages come with unlimited usage, subject to a 300GB fair usage policy (FUP). The FUP exists simply to allow Vodafone to contact a customer if we notice unusual usage that is driving very high internet traffic volumes, such as a PC virus. The service is truly unlimited and there is no charge and no service degradation of any sort that takes place for exceeding the 300GB FUP. The FUP simply exists to protect customers and gives Vodafone a means to contact them to help out if we notice something unusual.

lotas wrote: »
    If you actually read the proper terms and conditions, you will see the following:

**Most Vodafone broadband packages come with unlimited usage, subject to a 300GB fair usage policy (FUP). The FUP exists simply to allow Vodafone to contact a customer if we notice unusual usage that is driving very high internet traffic volumes, such as a PC virus. The service is truly unlimited and there is no charge and no service degradation of any sort that takes place for exceeding the 300GB FUP. The FUP simply exists to protect customers and gives Vodafone a means to contact them to help out if we notice something unusual.

Reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons when the towns people join a cult and are in a room watching a brainwashing movie.

When somebody stands up the lights go on and a voice says you are free to leave but may we ask why.:D

Not taking sides with ISPs UPC use to pull this nonsense until they gave into to pressure to either say their packs where unlimited or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭lotas

Reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons when the towns people join a cult and are in a room watching a brainwashing movie.

When somebody stands up the lights go on and a voice says you are free to leave but may we ask why.:D

Not taking sides with ISPs UPC use to pull this nonsense until they gave into to pressure to either say their packs where unlimited or not.

Well, i am moving to Vodafone from Magnet for my backup connection... I will try throw a load of data though it over the first month. If i get any complaints, i will tell them where to shove their contract. I read that on their site, they say Truly Unlimited... As you can see from my post here (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87274916&postcount=5) i use a lot of data a month... and can always use more! :)

lotas wrote: »
    Well, i am moving to Vodafone from Magnet for my backup connection... I will try throw a load of data though it over the first month. If i get any complaints, i will tell them where to shove their contract. I read that on their site, they say Truly Unlimited... As you can see from my post here (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=87274916&postcount=5) i use a lot of data a month... and can always use more! :)

Well I wish you luck my advice read the contract carefully.

If they break it they must let you out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement