Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub with a pool table

Options
  • 14-10-2013 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking for a nice pub, as close to city centre as possible, which has a pool table.
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭SebBerkovich

Planet Murphys (a.k.a The Palace) has a bar and a good few pool tables. It's on Camden Street and it's actually quite a nice place for a drink and a game of pool. Although i'm pretty sure it gets quite crowded at weekends.

Probably not much change from this list.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056549496

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

I think Frank Ryan's has one.

It's on Queen Street, opposite the Dice Bar.

Nice little spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

if you want a quieter place with nice surroundings. mcgrattans just off lower baggot street is a good shout. its don the little lane next to the Tesco on lower baggot street.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

I find the Woolshed in Parnell st is a handy spot for a game of pool. Just the one table though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,737 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The longstone has a pool table out back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Hey it's winner stays on here pal!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Big's Bar on Ellis Quay
    Frank Ryan's on Queen Street
    Panti Bar on Capel Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

The table in Oil Can Harry's on Mount Street is very lumpy, too much to play on really. I think it's really just for show.
    McGrattans off Baggot St. is OK - they've two tables. However, the pool tables are right beside each other, and the main thoroughfare, so a lot of the time you've to wait for people to pass so you can take a shot. That gets pretty annoying.
    Another negative: McGrattans has a load of TV's on, whether customers are watching them or not, but that is a particular sore point with me, I know a lot of people don't care about that. On the upside: you can get a 750ml bottle of wine for something ridiculous like €12!

We gave up playing in both places and now head to the Palace instead.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Bigs Bar on Ellis Quay
    The Palace on Camden St has quite a few

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

the shaw

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Fibber Magees and Gypsy Rose both have tables.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

that pub the blarney stone has one as well i think. On the corner of Nassau/Kildare St.

Advertisement