Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Question

Options
  • 14-10-2013 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭

I have very regular cycles (normally every 26 days and more or less at the same time of day too). I'm now on Day 29 and no sign of AF. I picked up a Boots test and it came up with a negative result this morning although there looked to be a very very faint line in the second window initially (maybe wishful thinking). Two questions for the lovely ladies here. 1. When/how soon should you test after a missed period? If my period still isn't here in a week should I test again then? 2. Are some tests more reliable or sensitive than others and is there another one I should get? Thanks guys x

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 broody_kitten

Clear Blue first response is meant to be the most sensitive for early pregnancy, give that a go! A faint line sounds promising, if its for real it should be stronger after a week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Thanks for that! I don't want to drive myself demented by doing repeated tests if it doesn't come so when would be a good time to do a retest do you think? Maybe when (or if, here's hoping :)) it's a week late perhaps? The second window had the faintest line it seemed and then kind of faded away so don't know what to think and don't want to go getting my hopes up toooo much although secretly it's all I can think about!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Get a First Response test - they do up to 6 days in advance of your AF. The Clear Blue digital ones do up to 4 days I think in advance of AF. I reckon try a First Response one tomorrow if you haven't gotten AF by then? Tesco tests are also meant to be very sensitive.

Good luck, fingers crossed for you! :)

Thanks so much Tinkerbell! Got a Clearblue Plus one earlier so am going to try my best to hold off for another day or two and try then....will be no mean feat as I'm the most impatient person EVER!! Thanks for advice and best wishes xx

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Clearblue and First Response.

Though I've used the internet cheapies lots of times and got the correct result too.

Good luck!

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill Neyite xx

Advertisement