Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astro pitches near Killarney?

Options
  • 14-10-2013 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭

As the title says, does anyone know of anywhere in or around Killarney that one could rent astro turf pitches for a 5-a-side game?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭siblers

http://www.killarneyceltic.com/. They also have a facebook page, their pitch is availble for bookings.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

Fossa primary school, just built, lovely job

• Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Thanks for the replies guys

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Killarney Celtics pitch is the best astro turf pitch I've seen - the nearest thing you'll get to playing on grass and not having mud on your boots in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭siblers

BPKS wrote: »
    Killarney Celtics pitch is the best astro turf pitch I've seen - the nearest thing you'll get to playing on grass and not having mud on your boots in November.

I've played a few competitive matches on there, I'd still take grass over it anyday. Very hard to judge the bounce of the ball and its pretty painful to do any slide tackles but as an alternative to calling matches off in November etc its superb. Its miles ahead of any other astro pitches in Kerry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭jtown

The new one in Fossa is top class!!

Advertisement