Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaggia Baby Class + Scale Buildup

• 14-10-2013 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

I have a Gaggia Baby Class that has been lying idle for over 2 years. On taking it out to test it I noticed very little water coming out of the grouphead when I engaged the brew switch and it had a leaking issue from the grouphead. I had a look under the hood and noticed the leak was coming from the bottom of the boiler. I suspected it was a gasket issue. I left the machine into a shop for repair as one of the wires going from the boiler(Top) to the front panel broke where it met a small(dark pinkish in color) oblong hard thingy(don't know what it's called). Anyhow the guy from the shop rang me to say there was a crack in the boiler and it was not worth repairing would he dispose of it. When I asked how it happened he said it was caused by a build up of scale. Now I do live in an area where the water is very hard and scale is an issue but I have never heard of scale being the cause of cracking a boiler. Can this happen, anyone got any experience of this or even heard of it happening in coffee machine boilers.

Thanks.

Advertisement