Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle Secure Parking at Grand Canal Dock

Options
  • 14-10-2013 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Grand Canal Dock DART station have sheltered bike parking. It is a room and I wondered if anyone has used it and if it is secure. I tried ringing the DART station a few times, but they never answered the phone.

I am going to be getting the DART to this station and picking my bike up in the mornings. I will be cycling up to work in Ranelagh and I want to leave my bike parked at the station overnight and at weekends. Anyone have any problems there?

I bought a secondhand rusty bike just for this in the hope that someone won't want to rob it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Grand Canal Dock DART station have sheltered bike parking. It is a room and I wondered if anyone has used it and if it is secure. I tried ringing the DART station a few times, but they never answered the phone.

I am going to be getting the DART to this station and picking my bike up in the mornings. I will be cycling up to work in Ranelagh and I want to leave my bike parked at the station overnight and at weekends. Anyone have any problems there?

I bought a secondhand rusty bike just for this in the hope that someone won't want to rob it.

Thanks!

I'd say your grand, go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭smackyB

Get a decent lock. Anytime I've walked by there the gate has always been left open. The area isn't great for keeping bikes tbh. I used to live around the corner and the apartment block had a secure lockup cage for bikes in the car park but the scumbags still managed to cut through and nick some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 simonecrowley

Thanks a million, I have a kryptonite lock so hopefully it will it alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Locking method is as important as lock.

Advertisement