Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New organic raw vegan restaurant in Temple Bar

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Must check this out.,

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

menu
    Updated Sseduced Menu

All Organic, Raw, Gluten-free, Yeast-free, Dairy-free. suitable for Vegetarians, Vegans and Coeliac.

Warm Onion Bread

aromatic bread made with sunflower seeds, golden linseeds, olive oil, onions and soya-free sauce
    takes 1-3 days to prepare between soaking, sprouting and dehydrating

€1.95 per slice

Soups of the Day

vegetable of the day made with creamy almond, hemp or cashew milk

€4.95

Sil's Famous Raw Warm Pizza

made in a base of sprouted gluten-free buckwheat and golden linseeds dehydrated for a day, this crusts takes approximately 2-3 days to prepare. It’s topped with almond, macadamia or hand cracked cashew cheese and toppings of the day. Please mind the olive stones!

€4.95 per portion
    €12.95 with 2 salads of the day

Warm Pasta/Noodles

noodles made from kelp seaweed, they taste just like delicious rice noodles!
    Served with vegetables and sauce of the day

€11.95

Wild Rice Risotto

made with sprouted wild rice and flavour of the day
    This rice takes 2-3 days to prepare……. €12.95

Curry

delicious curry of the day with tender vegetables served with side wild rice ……………€12.95

Sandwich

raw onion bread with tomato, avocado, cucumber, greens of the day and olive oil

€5.95

Guilt-free Desserts Menu

All Organic, Raw, Gluten-free, Yeast-free, Dairy-free. suitable for Vegetarians, Vegans and Coeliac.

Carrot Goji Cake

This bright orange, soft and comforting cake. Contains no added sweetners and is made with goji flour and a creamy orange or chocolate filling.

Cheesecake

silky cheesecake made with raw hand cracked cashew nuts with a delicious walnut mesquite biscuit crust and fruity sauce of the day €4.95

Homemade Apple Pie

Made with sliced apples infused in raw coconut sugar and a delicious almond crust.
    Served with warm pink vanilla custard or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Chocolate Ice Cream

with Chocolate Fudge Sauce
    dairy-free, vegan, sugar-free ice cream made from cashew nuts €4.95

Vanilla Ice Cream

with Warm Banana Caramel Sauce or Chocolate Sauce

Ginger Ice Cream

with Chocolate Sauce

Coconut Ice Cream

with Chocolate Sauce

Beverage Menu

Fragrant Warm Raw Cinnamon Tea

€2.95

Hot Chocolate

dairy-free made from almond milk and sundried cacao powder

€4.95

Cappuccino

dairy-free made from almond milk

€4.95

Freshly Squeezed Juices

€4.95 each

Orange Juice

Grapefruit Juice

Stevia Lemonade

Beetroot Orange

Green Orange

Carrot Apple

Carrot Ginger

Pure Cucumber

Wild Green Baby Coconuts

Wheatgrass €3.95

Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Looks tasty, but they must be the most expensive coffee / hot chocs in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

That pizza base sounds interesting, might try to recreate that myself.

Awesome selection of Vegan Ice cream!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 munuus

:) nice, new place to try

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

is it a proper sit-down place?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭roweeeeena

Yeah it's sit down and waiter service. Very very small, maybe 7 or 8 tables, if even. Very minimal and clean looking. You can see the food being prepared behind the counter as obviously they don't need a full kitchen. Ingenious use of space saving in the bathroom, sink built in on top of the toilet cistern :P

Went today, food was tasty but portions were tiny. I was so hungry I went to UMI falafel afterwards and ate again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

not the best for those prices then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

those desserts look delicious! I'm not vegan (I'm vegetarian) but will definitely be giving this place a go! I think we should all try to support at least once, places like this that try to cater just to our needs.
    I also love the idea of the tap over the toilet (environment friendly)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Zombienosh wrote: »
    Went today, food was tasty but portions were tiny. I was so hungry I went to UMI falafel afterwards and ate again.

I find that to be the main problem with veggie/vegan restaurants. Because they have a smaller market they have to charge that bit more. Well, I assume thats why anyway. I dont see how their costs could be vastly more than any other restaurant.

I will go back for vegan ice creams etc. I think the place would do a lot better as a vegan cafe as opposed to trying to be a restaurant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

Sounds like a real shame that the portions are tiny. Will still have to try it (once, maybe!) as it sounds amazing. How do you not cook a curry though? Raw curry paste?

they heat things, just not over 42 degrees

I recommend this deal ;) Got it for me and gf, to try out the place, not too bad even if it's small portions.

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin/sseduced/28438589

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I recommend this deal ;) Got it for me and gf, to try out the place, not too bad even if it's small portions.

That sounds like good value.

Tar, have you gotten the voucher yet? i got the email saying it would be written as groupon etc on my creditcard statement but have not received the voucher yet

Hi Terri, I did get my voucher and have made a booking with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

Thanks guys, just bought a voucher to give this place a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

I will go back for vegan ice creams etc. I think the place would do a lot better as a vegan cafe as opposed to trying to be a restaurant.

ye me too. The deal was great, the soup was awesome but almond milk ginger icecream is the future! I need more of this stuff in my life. would I be back for those things, yes! would I be back for the smallest pizza in the world, probably not.

I would like to say that the staff were lovely there, very friendly and took the time to tell us what was in everything which I appreciate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

--LOS-- wrote: »
    The deal was great

Oooh, I've been dying to know how it is - I bought a deal myself. How did you find the portion size of the tasting menu as a whole? Did you feel like you'd actually eaten a proper meal once were you finished, or were they being a bit tight? I've never had a tasting menu in a restaurant before because they're never veggie friendly!

deal was amazing value! 14.50 each for all that and we got to bring a bottle of wine. The staff were excellent going through what everything was. Food was very good, ginger ice cream was amazing, as was the soup, reallly good. Most things there are made with creams and milks and cheeses made from nuts, which are delicious.

If you are not there on some deal it appears to be very expensive for what you get. The portions are small.
    If you get the pizza as a main, it is literally a slice of pizza, yes it's an amazingly tasty slice of pizza with fancy ingredients and made in a luxurious way but it would leave you starving, other mains seem more reasonable. i realise this stuff is expensive to make but if it is prohibitively expensive then you can't serve it, the guy near us that got pizza was practically laughing, he had to share his main with his partner. She asked him "are you going to finish all that?" and burst out laughing.

went back in the other day to try ice creams and they said they didn't have any.

ah no! I'll be gutted if they don't have the ice-cream when I go! It seems to be the thing to go for

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

I was so looking forward to going to this place and I'm sorry to say I was really disappointed with it. :(

Walked in one evening two weeks ago with the other half and stood inside the door for a couple of minutes waiting to be shown to a seat as the tables were really squished together and all had dirty plates on them.

No one approached us so I walked up to the desk and asked where to sit to which I got a mumble so I just sat down at the nearest one.. After a bit of a wait, the menus were brought over and the old plates taken away from infront of us. I had to call a staff member back and ask that they please wipe off the table because there was food on it from the last customers. :confused:

I went for the slice of pizza which took about half an hour to make (didn't midn this too much) but the slice was about a third of the size of a slice you'd get in a pizza place like Rays, Di Fontaines, Italian places etc and stone cold even though they said they were heating it up a little. It was nothing exciting and I left still starving after I paid almost €5 for a meagre portion.

The most ridiculous thing was that a 9" pizza there costs a whopping €36.95!!!:rolleyes: Me and my fellas jaws nearly hit the floor seeing that on the menu!

I am so so disappointed with this place and it pains me to say it because I was so looking forward to trying it out. There aren't a whole load of great vegan/veggie places in Dublin and I hope that it's just that it's down to the place being new and them still getting the hang of things at the start but the food for me was hugely over-priced, not tasty, the area around the kitchen and the tables were all messy with old plates and cutlery etc (off-putting when you're eating) and the staff weren't attentive at all (no 'hows your food?' while we were eating-I thought they'd be interested to get feedback since they're only starting out, and no 'how was it?' when we were paying).

I do admire them hugely for what they're attempting to do but I really think it has a long long way to go. It's one place I'm afraid I won't be going back to unless I hear better things about it :(

I know the feeling, I really wanted to like the place and support any veggie/vegan business but it's a shame when it's a real let down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Papillon!

I know the feeling, I really wanted to like the place and support any veggie/vegan business but it's a shame when it's a real let down.

I'm 23 and I felt like an annoying mam asking them to clean the table, but it's basic cop on like :o

I might give the ice cream a go this weekend though! Price really killed it for me though. Delhi O Delhi and Musashi are killing my arteries slowly haha :D

Advertisement