Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scart + HDMI to HDMI

• 14-10-2013 1:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭

What I'm looking to get is a device that has inputs for HDMI, Scart, composite, etc and Outut only to HDMI with a remote control for easy switch :D

Searching in google I found, http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/Thor-HDC200-28578T-hdmi-1.3-scart-switch.html but it output scart signal to Scart and HDMI signal to HDMI I would want somehting that will output everything to HDMI even that the quality of scart input will not be as good qulity as HDMI quality.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

nava wrote: »
    What I'm looking to get is a device that has inputs for HDMI, Scart, composite, etc and Outut only to HDMI with a remote control for easy switch :D

Have you considered buying a new or secondhand TV which can handle those feeds? I have a 2009 Philips TV (42PFL8404) which has all of those inputs, I know that SCART is fast disappearing off the scene so I doubt if anyone is bothered to sell a hub or switch that does what you're looking for, especially when up to a few years ago you could buy a TV that could take all of those inputs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

coylemj wrote: »
    Have you considered buying a new or secondhand TV which can handle those feeds? I have a 2009 Philips TV (42PFL8404) which has all of those inputs, I know that SCART is fast disappearing off the scene so I doubt if anyone is bothered to sell a hub or switch that does what you're looking for, especially when up to a few years ago you could buy a TV that could take all of those inputs.

The TV can handle all of them, but as it's hanging on the wall I have, 6 cables going up to it so it doesn't look that nice, for that reason I would like to cut it down the the minimum possible the number of cables going up to the TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

nava wrote: »

Searching in google I found, http://www.tvcables.co.uk/cgi-bin/tvcables/Thor-HDC200-28578T-hdmi-1.3-scart-switch.html but it output scart signal to Scart and HDMI signal to HDMI I would want somehting that will output everything to HDMI even that the quality of scart input will not be as good qulity as HDMI quality.

The Device you are looking for is an AV receiver with an "Upconversion" feature.
    Its the only device type that will do anything close to what you want , and as you probably know they are not cheap.

No AV receiver has scart inputs , they are simply too big. But they do have component inputs and composite inputs , and will upconvert all these to a single HDMI out.
    There are Scart to composite ( red white and yellow connectors ) cables and scart to component cables ( red green blue white orange ) for connection to the receiver.

If you want scart RGB to be converted to HDMI , then that is another issue , as most receivers or TV's dont take RGB component video , they take YUV component video , so conversion would have to take place before entering the receiver , this device will do the trick.

http://www.lindy.co.uk/scart-to-component-video-converter-p2189

Advertisement