Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

possible to take out a personal loan before starting work?

Options
  • 14-10-2013 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I've been offered a job but before I start earning a salary I need to go through 3 months of training so I need the loan to support myself during that. 
    I spoke to somebody at BOI on the phone and been told that I won't be able to do it without an active income but it might be worth talking to my local branch.
    I can't go today so I wanted to ask here.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

313c3 wrote: »
    Hi, I've been offered a job but before I start earning a salary I need to go through 3 months of training so I need the loan to support myself during that. 
    I spoke to somebody at BOI on the phone and been told that I won't be able to do it without an active income but it might be worth talking to my local branch.
    I can't go today so I wanted to ask here.
    Thanks!
    Hi 313c3,

All loan applications are dealt with on a case by case basis.  You would be best off contacting your account holding branch directly and a customer adviser will be happy to discuss this with you.  

You can find the contact details for your branch here.

Good luck in your new job.  

Seán

Advertisement