Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to disable Phonewatch Alarm

Options
  • 14-10-2013 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Can anyone let me know how to disable Eircom phonewatch without actually knowing the access code?

The alarm siren was going crazy last night and I rang phonewatch but they couldnt help me because I didnt know the access code and my mam, who owns the house, is in hospital and is not able to remember what the code was or where it is even stored!!!

The beeps that go off every 5 mins are occurring now and I dont want to damage the system but I need to find some way of turning it off or even muffling the sound so that it can barely be heard.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭theedude27

This is the phonewatch system btw.....
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=70995004

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can remove the mains power from the fused spur beside the panel & then open the panel & disconnect the back up battery. I'll PM you the manual that will help you more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

theedude27 wrote: »
    Can anyone let me know how to disable Eircom phonewatch without actually knowing the access code?

The alarm siren was going crazy last night and I rang phonewatch but they couldnt help me because I didnt know the access code and my mam, who owns the house, is in hospital and is not able to remember what the code was or where it is even stored!!!

The beeps that go off every 5 mins are occurring now and I dont want to damage the system but I need to find some way of turning it off or even muffling the sound so that it can barely be heard.

Any ideas?

The external bell should turn off after 15 minutes.
    If you drop the front lid and enter 54321.
    Press, delete, option, 01 then done.
    This will turn off the trouble beeps without disabling the system.

Cheers koolkid and altor but ended up paying €165 to phonewatch to have an engineer disable the system altogether:mad:

Not mad at having the system disabled, just mad at how much it cost me!!!

Cheers koolkid and altor but ended up paying €165 to phonewatch to have an engineer disable the system altogether:mad:

Not mad at having the system disabled, just mad at how much it cost me!!!

You paid €165 to phonewatch to disable the system???

Why did the engineer not reset the system and give you a new code, 20 minutes work :confused:

• Advertisement

The engineer didnt mention anything about giving me a new code. Probably because it isnt my name that's on the agreement with Eircom and sure he was only there for less than 5 minutes and all he said was give them another call if I want the service re-activated, which I most certainly dont:eek:

The engineer didnt mention anything about giving me a new code. Probably because it isnt my name that's on the agreement with Eircom and sure he was only there for less than 5 minutes and all he said was give them another call if I want the service re-activated, which I most certainly dont:eek:

If he used that line then he should not of disabled the system as it was not in your name. He could of reset the system and set it back up in 20 minutes. €165 for 5 minutes work. That is shocking. Did he say how much it is to get it set back up again?

No he didnt mention it but the Phonewatch agent mentioned some ridiculous cost (probably over €100) for getting the system reset and up running again so I hope to just leave it as it is and not have to pay a single cent more

No he didnt mention it but the Phonewatch agent mentioned some ridiculous cost (probably over €100) for getting the system reset and up running again so I hope to just leave it as it is and not have to pay a single cent more

To be honest I would get on to them and complain.
    How can they justify the price paid to disable the system when it could of being set up with a new code the day the engineer disabled the system. You had a perfectly good working alarm system which they have now disabled. I know at your request but they could of easily done a reset instead of disabling the system.

There is no way I would be given them a cent to set up the system again after paying them €165.

If I had paid for the system myself then I certainly would have complained about it. The agents just play dumb by claiming that they dont know what the access code is yet they never mentioned about the engineer being able to reset the code there and then nor did the engineer himself!!!

I'm happy that I havent been an Eircom phone and broadband customer for almost 4 years now and hopefully the €165 I paid them is basically a (costly) way of saying good riddance to them......even their silly broadband and phonewatch ads make my skin crawl:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

If I had paid for the system myself then I certainly would have complained about it. The agents just play dumb by claiming that they dont know what the access code is yet they never mentioned about the engineer being able to reset the code there and then nor did the engineer himself!!!

I'm happy that I havent been an Eircom phone and broadband customer for almost 4 years now and hopefully the €165 I paid them is basically a (costly) way of saying good riddance to them......even their silly broadband and phonewatch ads make my skin crawl:o

Eircom don't own phonewatch anymore

poolboy wrote: »
    Eircom don't own phonewatch anymore

Owned by Sector Alarms now.

I just seen that they were sold during the summer to some Norwegian group!!

Oh well that still doesnt blind my hatred for Eircom:)

If it was me I would be getting back on to them.
    They should of explained everything they could of done to resolve the issue instead of just disabling the system.

If you do remember the code or want to do a full reset and set up of the system I am more than happy to talk you through doing this. As I said, it only takes about 20 minutes to do so.

altor wrote: »
    If it was me I would be getting back on to them.
    They should of explained everything they could of done to resolve the issue instead of just disabling the system.

If you do remember the code or want to do a full reset and set up of the system I am more than happy to talk you through doing this. As I said, it only takes about 20 minutes to do so.

I appreciate your offer Altor and if my mam wants it up and running again when she gets home, I'll certainly be calling on your expertise:)

I appreciate your offer Altor and if my mam wants it up and running again when she gets home, I'll certainly be calling on your expertise:)

Your welcome, more than happy to help you set it back up.
    The system can also be set up to ring the owner rather than P.W. if needs be.

Sounds good:)

Sounds good:)

You may as well have some sort of monitoring on the system if you are not going to have it monitored. Leaving the system powered down is also a waste as I am sure top dollar was paid for it.

Anyway, more than happy to help out if I can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 seangallison

Can someone tell me how to figure out the engineers code? I have PW for 12 years and know my account number.
    Why? - I have a sensor that most likely needs a new battery, so plan to change the battery myself so system is operational again.
    Then as soon as I have sourced an alternative system, after 12 years @ ~30 euro/mth (= €4k), I told their Tech Support that I will be terminating the contract with them.
    Why? - due to interference with Broadband, the PW system needs to have an Alarm DSL filter added. They are not budging on charging €100 to come out and install a €10 part! Of course, as a Premium customer, the callout charge is free (go figure since they are way overcharging for the part!).
    Anyhow - any suggestions for alternative system would be much appreciated.
    Sean

Can someone tell me how to figure out the engineers code? I have PW for 12 years and know my account number.
    Why? - I have a sensor that most likely needs a new battery, so plan to change the battery myself so system is operational again.
    Then as soon as I have sourced an alternative system, after 12 years @ ~30 euro/mth (= €4k), I told their Tech Support that I will be terminating the contract with them.
    Why? - due to interference with Broadband, the PW system needs to have an Alarm DSL filter added. They are not budging on charging €100 to come out and install a €10 part! Of course, as a Premium customer, the callout charge is free (go figure since they are way overcharging for the part!).
    Anyhow - any suggestions for alternative system would be much appreciated.
    Sean

You should not need the engineer code to change a battery.
    When you open the sensor the alarm will activate. Simply entering your user code on the keypad should disarm the system.

There are a lot of good systems out there to choose from.
    There is a thread here to compare the different alarm systems available.

These systems can be self monitored and have a DSL filter fitted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Sent you a PM re this incase you want/ need it anyway.

Advertisement