Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Kilmuckridge?

Options
  • 14-10-2013 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭

I just spent a fabulous weekend in Morriscastle strand just outside Kilmuckridge. The beach and surrounding areas are amazing.

The one thing that struck me was the last of information on dining in Kilmuckridge. I had intended on going out on one of the nights, but could not find any information on the web about restaurants, yet I had read in a few tourist brochures about "Kilmuckridge's award-winning restaurants"? Did I miss something or are the restaurants there for locals only? This is the main problem with Ireland whereby business owners do not embrace the power of the Internet in promoting themselves (e.g. TripAdvisor, Yelp, etc.).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭secman

The main places to eat in Kilmuckridge are
    The Chinese beside the Londis, mostly used as a take away . Sean og just up from the village, and then there is the coffee shop in the community hall . That's about it . You would need to go to Gorey, good selection of restaurants there , very good in fact .

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

There used to be an award winning restaurant "the Rafters" but that has been closed for a long time now.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Kate's coffee shop and restaurant in kilmuckridge is top class and very affordable , it is very unfortunate it not open at night . Great home cooking with fresh local produce. Desserts are lovely too.definitely worth a visit.

Advertisement