Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VoIP, Mobiles and Roaming Internet

Options
  • 14-10-2013 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hey all

I felt here would be a good place to research this. I've a business about 40 staff, about 15-20 of them at the core are based from two offices. I'd like to understand an interoffice phone system (probably VoIP), have key people on a mobile contract and a method to patch calls to them and then we travel all over the world so i really need to sort out some way to enable internet roaming access?

Id essentially like one crew to manage all of this? Does this exist? right now we have 1 office on a phone switcher etc..all people on internet and their own mobiles..

Any advice?

Thanks

A

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭bceltic

I'd say you'll get a better response here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=542

I think for patching calls to your mobiles - do you mean having one extension for landline & mobile?

Yes what you're looking for does exist at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

MotteDai wrote: »
    I'd like to understand an interoffice phone system (probably VoIP), have key people on a mobile contract and a method to patch calls to them and then we travel all over the world so i really need to sort out some way to enable internet roaming access?

We use an Asterisk system to handle all our landline calls (and landline to mobile) http://www.asterisk.org/

For the mobile stuff - talk to any of the mobile providers - they all should have corporate / business plans that allow for intra-company calls either for free or at a reduced rate.

Roaming - your options will vary depending on the countries involved. Talk to the providers.

Advertisement