Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your calendar couldn’t be refreshed.

Options
  • 14-10-2013 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I put in a calendar entry using the mac (the calendar with the mac), that was way too long.

Now the calendar entry comes up every time I open calendar, with this message and all I can do is force quit to get rid of it. I cannot zoom out to see if there is a button at the bottom of the entry to click ok or cancel.

There is limited access to the menu bar, so I cannot exit the application without force quit. And I cannot uncheck the calendars to see if one is offending.

The offending entry does not seem to appear on other devices using the same icloud based calendar.

I am in touch with someone on the apple forum, who may well come back with the perfect fix (looks good) but I was advised by a friend that this Board was great.

Calendar:

Version: 6.0
    Last Modified: 13/06/2013 08:07
    Kind: Intel
    64-Bit (Intel): Yes
    App Store: No

Thanks
    MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Any ideas?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,677 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If it’s definitely synced with iCloud, then disable Calendars and Reminders in System Preferences > iCloud. It will ask to confirm as doing so will delete all calendars/reminders on your Mac. Say yes. Then re-enable both.

This should fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭OcocO

You can selectively delete only the offending entry by searching for a short extract from it in Spotlight. Opt to "see all results in Finder" then delete the entry. It will be a file in a directory similar to:

/Users/yourusername/Library/Calendars/F9FD3D57-C66D-4112-A723-5880C538ADB0.calendar/Events/1642DE16-0879-4A3B-A457-B2F952BB7928.ics

The long hexadecimal strings will be different in your case.

Advertisement