Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loose threads on runners after 2 weeks!!

Options
  • 14-10-2013 4:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 86 ✭✭

I paid €45 for a pair of Nike runners in a well known sports shop.

2 weeks later the threads became loose & frayed on both runners so I immediately returned them to the shop where I purchased them. The manager wasn't present at the time so I left them in the shop & followed up with a phone call a few days later (when they had not contacted me).
    My son is wearing an old tattered pair in the meantime.

The 'Gentleman' who dealt with us had a terrible attitude and said that the soles of the runners had obviously been worn playing football on tarmac in school and tough ****, basically.

My son has done the same thing with the last 10 pairs of runners he has had and of course the soles get signs of wear & tear but the threads have never came loose on any other pair & particularly not after just 2 weeks!

Do I have any comeback? (after all it wasn't a cheap pair I'd picked up for a tenner somewhere!).
    Any ideas on what should I do next?

Comments

Advertisement