Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I cook breaded mussels from frozen?

Options
  • 14-10-2013 4:20pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I forgot to take out some breaded mussels from the freezer to defrost and just wondering can I put them in the oven & cook from frozen or is that a no no??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Unless it states on the pack that you can, I wouldn't. Never take risks with shellfish.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Sorry Ciarrai76, as per our charter, we cannot provide food safety advice in this forum, and this thread falls under that remit.

The best advice is Miaireland's - follow what it says on the pack. It will advise you there whether you can cook from frozen (if it doesn't specifically say that it's okay, that means don't do it).

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement