Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratched game disc repair

Options
  • 14-10-2013 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭

Anywhere in town that repairs scratched cds for xboxes or the like ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

I got one of those disc repair kits from JML in Heatons and it works a treat on 90% of the scratches but on the deeper ones it is no use but i suspect they are probably too deep to fix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I read online that rubbing the surface with a banana peel helps, but I've never tried it myself, and I'm not sure what you're supposed to do after. Worth a try though - you can always wash it off afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Toothpaste. Plain white toothpaste, rub a tiny amount in and around the cd. Always works for me, thanks to a tip from ottstreet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

I remember JC Video had one of those disk spinners on their counter which they charged for usage. Little did they know, the DVD would be their end.

#tangent

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Xtravision might do it for you if you're lucky. Otherwise, toothpaste has always worked a treat for me. I've some seriously beaten up disk's that still work if I throw a bit onto it. Ask, cheap aftershave has worked in the past for me. I suspect it's more so for cleaning dirt rather then helping with a scratched up disk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

I got GTA V repaired by discrepair.ie this week. Great service, 6 quid and free post there and back. Sent it Monday evening, got it back Thursday.

Advertisement