Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant In NYC

Options
  • 14-10-2013 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey Guys,

I need a recommendation for a nice restaurant in NYC in November. I’ll be proposing to my girlfriend that afternoon and want to book a nice restaurant for that night.

We both love most foods but dislike seafood and sushi. Some place romantic with a view would be amazing but not necessary.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Daz235 wrote: »
    We both love most foods but dislike seafood and sushi. Some place romantic with a view would be amazing but not necessary.

Congratulations and best of Luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭clairefontaine

Tavern on the Green is very pretty.

Food so so...

This is one of my favourite NY restaurants.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_If_By_Land,_Two_If_By_Sea_Restaurant

Good place for a proposal, delicious food. A dozen lush red roses on every table.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

Don't book the revolving restaurant. It's very disappointing.

I've been to Tao Not really romantic & the only view is celeb spotting, but the food is incredible & the atmosphere in the place fantastic. But very dark which is why a lot of celebs visit. The evening we were there, Bon Jovi was at one table, Betty White at another, Johnny Depp at another with Selma Hyack & Matthew McConaghey.

I'm not easily star struck, but there must have been a net worth of a billion dollars in that room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

The boathouse in central park is very nice, a great NYC experience. The River Cafe has excellent views and is fancy pants. One if by land, two if by sea (as mentioned above) is lovely and romantic. Daniel is a super fancy posh experience where you will be treated like royalty (no view though). Best to look up reviews of everywhere and decide what would work best for you. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭sportfanatic

Our last time in New York we ate in Smith & Wollensky, it's a nice steak house but a bit pricey. Food was really good.
    http://www.smithandwollenskynyc.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Why not do it on top of the Rock. View is meant to amazing from the top

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

OU812 wrote: »
    Don't book the revolving restaurant. It's very disappointing.

I've been to Tao Not really romantic & the only view is celeb spotting, but the food is incredible & the atmosphere in the place fantastic. But very dark which is why a lot of celebs visit. The evening we were there, Bon Jovi was at one table, Betty White at another, Johnny Depp at another with Selma Hyack & Matthew McConaghey.

I'm not easily star struck, but there must have been a net worth of a billion dollars in that room.

Have a table booked here myself when we are over in NYC in December :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Daz235

All brilliant suggestions, I’m going to spend the next few hours looking at all the restaurants and then decide. Really appreciate the help.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭OU812

cena wrote: »
    Why not do it on top of the Rock. View is meant to amazing from the top

If you're going to propose & she doesn't know about it, that;s the best suggestion & then go to any nice restaurant that evening. If you contact them ahead of time, they might be able to VIP the experience for you http://www.topoftherocknyc.com

South View

Manhattan_from_top_of_the_rock,_hdr.JPG

North View

view-from-top-of-rockefeller-center.jpg

Advertisement