Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stovedeals.ie experiences ?

• 14-10-2013 4:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭

These guys are offering great deals on Stoves

For a 12kw .. they charge €350

Compared to €700+ in the shops

I wonder whats the catch? Are they made from poorer quality metal ? they do seem to have lower efficiency ratings

65% compared to 75% + for branded models.... also they seem to look pretty bland.

Anybody got any experiences to share

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kylersmyth

Basically the cheapest stoves they can get on the boat from China to here.
    Sometimes you can be lucky, but have experienced numerous cases of terrible problems,
    12kw branded stoves from 650 euro for well recognised Irish brands available, in the long run you're better off, as stoves are a great investment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Timfy

I recently purchased a 6.5kW stove (non-backboiler) from Stovedeals.ie

My initial phonecall, which consisted of a rake of questions as I had never purchased or installed a stove before, was dealt with professionally and all my queries were answered with no hint of "Hard Sell"

The stove and accessories were delivered promptly by a courier firm who were more than happy to help lug it up my steps and into it's final position and was well packaged.

The stove itself is a solid job, with excellent build quality and functions perfectly giving a great heat. The install was simplicity itself. I am not a metallurgist, but the castings seem good and the hinges, handles etc are of a good heavy quality.

If you are paying sub €300 for a stove, you have to accept that it will be a mass produced item. The grate is not as heavy as some I've seen on more expensive models, but as these stoves are becoming extremely popular, replacement baffles and grates are easily and cheaply available. I believe that Stovedeals can supply them, however a quick google on the part number of the stove shows wide availability. I am personally going to by a couple of each and wrap them in oily paper and sit them somewhere safe until required.

I am in no way connected to Stovedeals.ie I just happened to find them on Google. I am also no expert on stoves and cannot comment on heat outputs in terms of percentage efficiency other than the fact that it easily heats our three bedroom cottage. I am however a happy customer and would recommend the product and the company.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭littlevillage

Thanks Guys,

My Stove searching so far seems to indicate the following.

Practically All Cast Iron Stoves are made in China. So the quality of stovedeals.ie compared anybody else is going to be the exact same. Some steel Stoves are made in Ireland, but they look very plain and are outrageously expensive (for what should be a very cheapish material).. which is better .. Cast Iron or Steel, hard to say both have pro's and con's.

Next. Unfortunately metal casting and-or Metal working/welding is not an exact science and you can get metal flaws in a stove from any manufacturer .. so perhaps there lies the difference... What is the follow-up if the thing is basically a dud (first of batch/last of batch etc.) .. do they replace it .. do they refund you your money .. how long is the warranty.

I have not decided yet on what I am going to buy.. Probably something a bit swanky (its a one-off purchase in my mind) and from a supplier that I get a cast iron (Pun intended) guarantee with :-)

So getting back to the original topic of this thread ... Stovedeals.ie .... well, in my opinion they are selling the same stuff as a lot of the high street and DIY shops.

The shops though use euphemisms like calling it their "value range" etc. If I was in the market for a cheap no-name stove.. then I'd save myself a few hundred and buy it direct from stovedeals.ie, no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pump101

Anyone else with experience of this company? Thinking of getting their 12kw boiler version, seems great value at 500 euro, maybe to good to be true?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 roundymoonie

Am interested in a boiler stove and the difference in price would pay for the fitting, any more details?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Pump101

Am interested in a boiler stove and the difference in price would pay for the fitting, any more details?!

I have mine in 10 months now.. 16kw boiler stove. no problems at all.. I turn on oil while fire is lighting and when it up to temp the stove takes over. It heats 11 rads too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Pump101 wrote: »
    I have mine in 10 months now.. 16kw boiler stove. no problems at all.. I turn on oil while fire is lighting and when it up to temp the stove takes over. It heats 11 rads too.
    They double rads Pump?
    You went with the 16 instead of 12 in the end.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Sanchez83

Hi Timfy,

Where did you find the phone number for stove deals as I can't find it on their website?
    Also there is no mention of a warranty...
    Finally,would you buy let's say a laptop with no branding?How about a car actually as like a stove safety is very important. Probably not.Why? Because the chances of them being around in 5yrs time to purchase this cheap grate,baffle etc are probably close to zero meaning you will waste your e300 and end up having to buy the decent e600 euro stove then.
    Buy a brand,Stratford,Stovax,Henley,Stanley.Id even buy the ridiculously named Chilli penguin stove before a non branded ha ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Timfy

Raises eyebrow, shakes head sadly, walks away..........

Sanchez83 wrote: »
    Hi Timfy,

Where did you find the phone number for stove deals as I can't find it on their website?
    Also there is no mention of a warranty...
    Finally,would you buy let's say a laptop with no branding?How about a car actually as like a stove safety is very important. Probably not.Why? Because the chances of them being around in 5yrs time to purchase this cheap grate,baffle etc are probably close to zero meaning you will waste your e300 and end up having to buy the decent e600 euro stove then.
    Buy a brand,Stratford,Stovax,Henley,Stanley.Id even buy the ridiculously named Chilli penguin stove before a non branded ha ha

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Advertisement