Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids selling lines.

• 14-10-2013 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Not the bad kind before someone thinks their gas altogether :D

I've had 7 knocks at the door since yesterday evening from kids selling lines. Is anyone else seeing this lately? Or are any other schools doing it?

I havn't heard of it in a while... And to be honest, it's a bit risky for kids to be going door knocking alone no?

It's very annoying. Just wondering if anywhere else is having the over load. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,278 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Don't think it is anything new, used to it myself around the local housing estates when I was a nipper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

Then there's the kids who routinely photocopy sponsor cards and go door to door...yes it does happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭GoOnYouDirt

Then there's the kids who routinely photocopy sponsor cards and go door to door...yes it does happen.

Absolutely. Seen it many times. As if butter wouldn't melt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

THere was a chap outside Lidl Ennis Road yesterday selling lines for some 7KM walk. He was as dodgy as hell, about 25 years of age, with an addidas tracksuit on, kept going over and back to a gold corolla chatting with his mates.

3 young lads going around here door to door this evening as well dodgy out. Getting right sick of door knockers. It's literally every day at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

If someone knocks on my door and says "will you buy a line" I just ask, is it tame?, this causes a kind of glazed expression, I close the door at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

this always rears its head once the schools and clubs start up again and leading into christmas as they all start fundraising again, buy a line, christmas raffles, etc. Its a constant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

This is nothing new. Don't answer the door. Get over it.

just had one at the door . im not answering my door anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

My first reaction was "Jeez, Limerick must be getting bad if kids are selling cocaine door to door......"

Been watching too much Love/Hate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Marcus Halberstram

My first reaction was "Jeez, Limerick must be getting bad if kids are selling cocaine door to door......"

Been watching too much Love/Hate.

I don't know about coke but .... nevermind

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Munstermad

Hate it when my kids are aske to do this. It isn't safe for kids ( I accompany my kids, and feel very uncomfortable about it, but the kids are told by their schools that they need to sell lines!) and if the kids don't ask their neighbours then its usually the parents who fork out, this puts extra pressure on families.. Schools need to be more creative about their fundraising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

don't let mine go door to door - just used to put in the 5/10/20euro myself and write down a few names and told the kids if the school had a problem with it, they could ring me. every neighbour, friend or relative has their own things to be fundraising for without feeling under obligation to fork out more money to the cute kid at the door. same with bag packers in supermarkets - I've 2 real charities I support year round and thats it, if you not on my list - tough ;)

It is too dangerous I totally agree. I have seen myself parents letting their kids go door to door selling lines, but wouldn't dream of letting them off trick-or-treating alone. What the hell is the difference? Very foolish thing to do, and as said already here by MunsterMad schools really need to rethink this, and get more creative!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭irishproduce

THere was a chap outside Lidl Ennis Road yesterday selling lines for some 7KM walk. He was as dodgy as hell, about 25 years of age, with an addidas tracksuit on, kept going over and back to a gold corolla chatting with his mates.

Spotted this in my previous threads list.
    Would you believe that I was in Loughrea Hotel, Galway one of the nights before Christmas and the exact same guy that I mentioned here walked in again, this time with a younger kid who was about 14 if I was to guess.
    This time he was going around the bar selling lines for Today FMs shave or die campaign.

Now either this guy is hoping for a nomination for the Rehab people of the year awards or he is seriously creaming it. He had about twenty lines filled on the card that he brought to my table.

Advertisement