Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swapping over routers

• 14-10-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭

I have a Cisco epc 3925 router (UPC) which is crap!ive an old Cisco epc2425 which I would like to try and see if the speed is better. Is it possible to use the epc2425 one instead to see if my speed is better does anyone know?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

tunner wrote: »
    I have a Cisco epc 3925 router (UPC) which is crap!ive an old Cisco epc2425 which I would like to try and see if the speed is better. Is it possible to use the epc2425 one instead to see if my speed is better does anyone know?

Thanks

You will need to contact UPC tech support to enable that router on your account - they authenicate using the MAC address of the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭tunner

FFS really?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,308 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

tunner wrote: »
    FFS really?!

Yes, its also one of the reasons that you can't buy your own cable router elsewhere and use it on UPC.

What most people tend to do is purchase a second router and use it for wifi

Advertisement