Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powermax complete, low battery message after battery replaced?

Options
  • 14-10-2013 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi
    I have a Powermax complete home alarm but it is giving me a low battery message even though the battery has been replaced twice (different brands). The message is for a motion sensor the battery type is CR123A.
    I have measured the voltages from the battery and it is 3.23 so it should be good.
    Any ideas what i could try next??
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Are you turning off the LED to conserve battery?
    If yes then replace the unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 cider

KoolKid wrote: »
    Are you turning off the LED to conserve battery?
    If yes then replace the unit.

You im not turnung off anything yet. It never clears low battery warning

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Put another battery in it & take the LED link off. With the LEDs on you will be lucky to get 8 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

cider wrote: »
    You im not turnung off anything yet. It never clears low battery warning

Sometimes the sensor needs to be drained of the power that it in it before replacing the battery.
    To do this remove the battery, get a piece of cable and connect it to the positive and negative terminals in the sensor for a few seconds. Remove then replace the battery.
    If this does not work then there is an issue with the sensor itself and needs to be replaced.

Advertisement