Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rossaveal

Options
  • 14-10-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

hiya, anyone from this area? myself and the girlfriend just moved here from kinvarra, we need to meet some new drinking buddies smile.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

In Carraroe myself, moved back to the area a while back. Haven't been in a pub in Ros a' Mhíl in years. What I would recommend is to keep an eye on the aonsceal.ie "what's on" page here.

It will give you an idea of when music is on in certain pubs so you have a decent chance of there being people in the pub when you head for a pint. Not that they are always empty, but they can be.

I'm not (usually) a big drinker myself but there is an informal trad session in Tigh an Táilliura in Carraroe every Weds night. Might not suit you but it is one night/venue you can rely on. Hackney to and from Ros a' Mhíl could be a bit pricey though for yourself and the gf for the sake of a few pints and Weds might not suit anyway. Just an idea anyway.

Tigh Terry have music often enough too on the weekend, if you don't want to go far.

If you're awful bored altogether I'm around Carraroe most evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

mrbrendank wrote: »
    hiya, anyone from this area? myself and the girlfriend just moved here from kinvarra, we need to meet some new drinking buddies smile.png

Call into Tadgh who owns the Spar shop, he's one of the nicest guys i've ever met ;)

Advertisement