Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyres - best value in Cork?

Options
  • 14-10-2013 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

Looking for 2 new front tyres 185/60 R15.

Any recomdations for best value in Cork city?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

yiddo59 wrote: »
    Looking for 2 new front tyres 185/60 R15.

Any recomdations for best value in Cork city?

Thanks

Re moulds or new ones or those second hand German ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭yiddo59

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Re moulds or new ones or those second hand German ones?

New.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

In a similar position as the op, quite new to Cork and need for new tyres, looking for higher end manufacturers, at a realistic price.

Alternatively, is there anywhere that with fit tyres purchased from the UK in Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭corkthai

Got Barum tires recently (Reviews good) Made by continental. 50 euro a corner fitted (15") Happy enough with them.

Got them from eugene in donnybrook mills. MD Garage, He will also fit tires if you bring them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Do you mean good value or low cost?

There are too many good tyres at great prices to be sure. Your size is very common and it's not a low profile so I presume it's not a performance car so I'd imagine you'll have tons of options.

If I were you, I'd dedicate half an hour and ring maybe half a dozen of the big names such as Dessie's, Ricky Galvin's and also the main stream people such as Advance Pitstop. Dessie's do a lot of Firestones and I find them fantastic value for a very good tyre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Kelleher's in Dennehys Cross is good value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭kooga

john banks in turners cross

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blindsider

Locally I have found Fastfit in Togher to be very good and helpful. Their prices are always competitive. Some people use these guys, but I reckon you'd need to be looking for big/expensive tyres before it'd be worth it:

http://www.eiretyres.com/

Advertisement