Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone contracts

• 14-10-2013 6:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭

Hi, just got a call from O2 saying my contract is up, which is timely as I'm wanting an iPhone 5s. Offered me a €50 discount on the phone when it comes out but I'm not tempted as they want me to switch to a €55 a month contract with 2GB data and unlimited calls and texts. I'm on a €35 a month contract with 150 minutes, 150 texts and unlimited data which is more valuable to me, although I'm coming in at an average of €45.
    What type of contracts are people thinking of getting? Would love to have tethering (I'm not allowed with my current plan) and that could be a deal clincher for me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Stay with your all you can eat data, when 4g comes in you'll need it. I'm with 3, took their sim only contract on my iPhone 5, 30pm reduced to 20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

That unlimited data is more than likely capped at 3gb or 5gb. Nearly certain they won't give you a 4g sim without changing contract. That's what meteor and eMobile are telling customers anyway. Haven't a clue what happened when 3G was introduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭jakdublin

Yeah, I doubt I'll get 4g without changing. I'd say I use about 2-3gb a month data max. Like I said though, tethering would make a big difference to me but I guess all operators are charging for it now as an add-on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I was picking up a nano sim in a three store at the weekend and overheard a staff member telling another customer that everyone with a 4g phone will get 4g when they launch it for no extra charge or new contract.
    Make of that what you will with the caveat that what the stores say isn't always what happens.

jakdublin wrote: »
    Yeah, I doubt I'll get 4g without changing. I'd say I use about 2-3gb a month data max. Like I said though, tethering would make a big difference to me but I guess all operators are charging for it now as an add-on.

EMobile do free tethering on bill pay. Not sure about prepay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I have a sim free 5 from Apple & due an upgrade from Vodafone at the end of November for the 5S on €35 p/m contract but I think I will go with the Three €20 PAYG offer until the iPhone 6 comes out & review my options then as Vodafone don't offer very good value at the minute especially when it comes to data (500mb a month!!!) and no signs that they will be supporting 4G on iPhone anytime soon either.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    I have a sim free 5 from Apple & due an upgrade from Apple at the end of November for the 5S on €35 p/m contract but I think I will go with the Three €20 PAYG offer until the iPhone 6 comes out & review my options then as Vodafone don't offer very good value at the minute especially when it comes to data (500mb a month!!!) and no signs that they will be supporting 4G on iPhone anytime soon either.
    How are you due an upgrade from apple?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

guil wrote: »
    How are you due an upgrade from apple?

Sorry, it's been a long day :P

Advertisement