Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSA re switching from Smart to Digiweb

• 14-10-2013 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭

So I was told I was eligible for upgrade to fibre and would just have to switch from Smart to Digi for it to work. Grand went through the process gave all my details and was sorted nice and quick.

Fast forward to now 3 months later and get a bill yesterday saying debit was taken and got another today saying I owed €160+ quid. Confused I rang the help desk and was told that everything was in order and I shouldn't have got the letter. He then asked about my other account that has just been cut off.

Turns out I should have been given a cancellation form to fill in when i was switching. I said I had got or been told about that on the calls and that it was just a case of sorting it for me on their end.

So what I can tell right now is that they have shut off my Smart (still getting digi) because the salesperson either never did the right paperwork on their end or just never bothered telling me about it. So now to stop my Digi connection being cut off I have to pay the other one off, they can't just switch money from one account to another, fill in the form they emailed and then send it back with my original cancellation date and wait for them to refund me the 3 months if they find that it was done wrong and all the while pay off the near 30 quid a week for the next 6 weeks.

Rang a mate who I told to switch and he never knew about a cancellation form either, wasn't told about it and wasn't sent one. Anyone else have the same experience during a switch-over recently should probably check out the details to be sure that the same isn't happening to them, I checked bank account and money was coming out and all my bills etc from them all showed paid and nothing owed so it all seemed legit till I got the letter today!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭raymix

Smart is owned by Digiweb, they are one and the same company, mate.
    See if you can ask for a refund if it's error on their side.

You don't have to switch from smart to digi for fibre to work, the switch is transparent, you can even keep your old smart phone number, unlike with eircom or vodafone.
    I had a nice chat with Digiweb chaps few days ago trough their LiveChat app on website, switching directly from Smart to their fibre. They will charge €49 month later on a bill when fibre gets installed, plus a new 18 month contract, that's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

raymix wrote: »
    Smart is owned by Digiweb, they are one and the same company, mate.
    See if you can ask for a refund if it's error on their side.

You don't have to switch from smart to digi for fibre to work, the switch is transparent, you can even keep your old smart phone number, unlike with eircom or vodafone.
    I had a nice chat with Digiweb chaps few days ago trough their LiveChat app on website, switching directly from Smart to their fibre. They will charge €49 month later on a bill when fibre gets installed, plus a new 18 month contract, that's all.

Oh i know they are the same company of sorts thats what really pissed me off about the whole thing. I was with Smart like I said and they were the ones who put me on to Digiweb for the fiber.

I had the exact same chat that you seem to have had but now 3 months later i'm hit with this bill for Smart and them saying my fiber was cut off.

Just if you are on live chat or whatever with them ask do you need a cancellation form to fill in before the switch

Advertisement