Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bit of an odd one - any dealers accept cars?

• 14-10-2013 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Bit of an odd one for ye but I'm sure I'm not the only one that has considered this.

I have a 07 focus and a 00 250cc hornet but looking to get a new bike (the hornet isn't the nicest drive on the M50). The original plan was to sell the car privately and use the money from that plus the hornet against a new bike.

The problem is though the focus isn't selling, so I'm wondering whether any of the dealers would accept both the car and the bike as a trade in. I saw bikeworld have a "sell your motor" service but I'd rather trade both in off the cost. Ideally I'd like to get a new bike for both.

Does any one know whether this is a possible option? I know I'd get more if I sold the car privately but focus' are a dime a dozen and it's very hard to shift.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I know its prob no good to you in dublin but meskells in limerick had ads on donedeal about taking cars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,011 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Give Tallaght Superbikes a shout .. they have might. I know they sell both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Are you sure your photos are as good as they can be in the car ad? priced reasonable? if you dropped the price a bit, you should get more interest. You'd get a better deal on a new bike if you could offload the car yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Bit of an odd one for ye but I'm sure I'm not the only one that has considered this.

I have a 07 focus and a 00 250cc hornet but looking to get a new bike (the hornet isn't the nicest drive on the M50). The original plan was to sell the car privately and use the money from that plus the hornet against a new bike.

The problem is though the focus isn't selling, so I'm wondering whether any of the dealers would accept both the car and the bike as a trade in. I saw bikeworld have a "sell your motor" service but I'd rather trade both in off the cost. Ideally I'd like to get a new bike for both.

Does any one know whether this is a possible option? I know I'd get more if I sold the car privately but focus' are a dime a dozen and it's very hard to shift.

Work colleague of mine traded in a car against a new bike in Tallaght Superbikes last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

josh59 wrote: »
    Work colleague of mine traded in a car against a new bike in Tallaght Superbikes last year

Did he get a good deal? They don't have a lot on their site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I think Meskell's in Limerick do cars and bikes too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭josh59

Q_Ball wrote: »
    Did he get a good deal? They don't have a lot on their site

No idea of the way the finances worked out - it was earlier this year - he traded in a VW Golf - was a pretty old one I think and some cash changed hands for a new bike - he bought a small Suzuki for commuting to and from work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Moocow100

Sit tight sell the car yourself ,drop the price but trading it in is a sure way to loose money and leverage when trading in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82 ✭✭Moocow100

Sit tight sell the car yourself ,drop the price but trading it in is a sure way to loose money and leverage when (trading in)
    I meant to say buying .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Is your car add as good as it can be? There are a good few thread on the Motors forum about what a good add should have, good pictures, details, etc.

A spotless car will go a long way to selling itself (I'm not saying it isn't spotless now :)).

• Advertisement
Advertisement