Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Cáirde Mhaigheo season ticket holders also get a nice warm jacket when they buy one :p

To add to the other 8 they have already! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rumplestiltskin

Can anybody tell me if the preseason tournaments are included if you buy a season ticket?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

The league is covered by it. I don't think that the various tournaments that precede it are. In Leinster, the gate receipts from the O'Byrne Cup go towards an injured player fund. So admission is not free, even if you have a Parnell Pass or a season ticket. Everyone has to pay to get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭rumplestiltskin

Thanks for the quick reply. Even without the preseason games its still good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Can anybody tell me if the preseason tournaments are included if you buy a season ticket?

League & Championship only Still brilliant value!! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Is the Parnell pass still running for 2014?

Yep. The 2013/2014 PP is still running. The last ones sold out back in September. The 2014/15 one should be going on sale in April/May of next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

League & Championship only Still brilliant value!! :cool:
    Club finals too i think:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Cáirde Mhaigheo season ticket holders also get a nice warm jacket when they buy one :p

Only if it's your first year. It's a great incentive because the jackets are warm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Can I ask what may seem a stupid question. This hill 16 season ticket. So its free entry to all football and hurling Dublin games for 165 euro ?
    Or just the guarantee of a ticket ?

• Advertisement

Soby wrote: »
    Can I ask what may seem a stupid question. This hill 16 season ticket. So its free entry to all football and hurling Dublin games for 165 euro ?

There is no such thing as a Hill 16 season ticket. The Dublin County Board run the Parnell Pass and the GAA run the season ticket program. They are two different things. Which one are you asking about?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

ProudDUB wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a Hill 16 season ticket. The Dublin County Board run the Parnell Pass and the GAA run the season ticket program. They are two different things. Which one are you asking about?

There is such a thing as the hill16 season ticket. It is the equivalent to the stand season ticket but is priced to includes the club+ option.

To answer the question it covers all dublin league games home and away, first championship match, but also includes the 'club+' option which covers all dublin club games in both codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

Soby wrote: »
    copacetic wrote: »
    To answer the question it covers all dublin league games home and away, first championship match, but also includes the 'club+' option which covers all dublin club games in both codes.

In your chosen code, this means you need two different GAA season tickets if you want to attend both Football & Hurling matches.

Football Season ticket is €165 this includes all club games, no Juvenile tickets available.
    Hurling Season ticket is €85 for an Adult & €10 for a Juvenile.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rockluck

Does anybody know If u are renewing your season tickets but adding on extra season tickets to your account will this affect the quality of your seats in croke park? Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 rockluck

Does anybody know If u are renewing your season tickets but adding on extra season tickets to your account will this affect the quality of your seats in croke park? Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

rockluck wrote: »

Ive come to the conclusion that it does, I've had a pair of tickets for a few years. Last year my buddy returned from 8 years in the UK.

So I added a season ticket to the account late in the day, it was at the second batch stage last year.

We had the worst seats we've ever had last year, I can only put it down to our better season seats being downgraded to meet the level of the last one added.

I

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Stoner wrote: »
    Ive come to the conclusion that it does, I've had a pair of tickets for a few years. Last year my buddy returned from 8 years in the UK.

So I added a season ticket to the account late in the day, it was at the second batch stage last year.

We had the worst seats we've ever had last year, I can only put it down to our better season seats being downgraded to meet the level of the last one added.

I

Same as that, one lad added his son to his ticket, we were in good seats as opposed to "great" seats the other years.
    My brother asked if we could add him to ours, told him it wasn't possible... :D

if you add another person there isn't room in the block you were in so they move you. Although there are usually a few empty seats, they are all taken.

Same with bring a friend tickets, first couple of years you were in same seats, not they move you significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Anyone get their season tickets out in the post yet?

No sign, but they emailed Friday to say they will be out in the coming days. Mostly they have made it in time for Christmas each year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

My new Season tickets arrived in the post this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Arrived Yesterday Morning

Mine arrived also.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spacetrap

Do they come by ordinary or registered post lads thanks

My tickets arrived this morning :) They are posted in ordanery post.

James Horan delivered mine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

The postman brought mine, the population in Dublin is too big for the manager to hand deliver tickets.

Stoner wrote: »
    The postman brought mine, the population in Dublin is too big for the manager to hand deliver tickets.

If he cared for you he would, bloody self centered Dubs :P

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Does the season ticket hill 16 type get you free into the o byrne cup?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

ssshhh123 wrote: »

dont think so my one only kicks into use on the first game of the league, i dont think the warm up games are covered

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

dont think so my one only kicks into use on the first game of the league, i dont think the warm up games are covered

Cheers for that I only ordered one so was wondering about the trip to mullingar in jan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

Cheers for that I only ordered one so was wondering about the trip to mullingar in jan.

i am not 100% on that the hill 16 ticket could be different but the general season tickets for both football and hurling do not cover the warm up competitions

it would be fair anoying to drive all the we down to mullingar to find out at the gate your not covered

No. The O'Byrne Cup gate receipts go into an injured players fund, not to the GAA or the Leinster council. So everyone has to pay to get in to them, regardless of where they are played, even if they are a season ticket holder. The season ticket and the Parnell Pass only cover the league and the provincial/AI champos.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 LaineyDeutsch

Does the GAA Season ticket cover the FBD league matches?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 854 ✭✭✭tacofries

Fairly certaind its a no unfortunately :(

The FBD are well worth going to though if your at nothing else!!!

• Advertisement

No, but there're still brilliant value! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ace of Hearts

Just bought season tickets this morning (bit late I know), can anyone tell me if I'll have them by the first round of the league. Secondly I bought four of them. For games in Croke Park, will the seats be together or have I to create a seating group?

SportsMad1 wrote: »
    Just bought season tickets this morning (bit late I know), can anyone tell me if I'll have them by the first round of the league. Secondly I bought four of them. For games in Croke Park, will the seats be together or have I to create a seating group?

Tickets bought on the same season ticket account will be all seated together. If you join a seating group, everyone in your account will join. If you do not receive your tickets (cards) before the first match, print out the confirmation mail you got. (they might have something else to print out as proof, not sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ace of Hearts

Tickets bought on the same season ticket account will be all seated together. If you join a seating group, everyone in your account will join. If you do not receive your tickets (cards) before the first match, print out the confirmation mail you got. (they might have something else to print out as proof, not sure)

Thanks mayo.mick. I bought the tickets on the same account and got that confimation email aswell just in case I don't get them in time. Grand job!

SportsMad1 wrote: »
    Thanks mayo.mick. I bought the tickets on the same account and got that confimation email aswell just in case I don't get them in time. Grand job!

Your're welcome. Loads of information here, http://mayoclub51.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/season-tickets-arrange-to-sit-with-family-friends-1_01.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I was just doing the sums on the hurling season ticket. With the new league ticket prices, I'm not sure the ticket is value anymore. I posted about it on the Kilkenny thread. Maybe my sums are wrong, so can some one correct me if so? But from what I can see, now instead of a great bit of saving, a reward for loyalty and advance investment in the season, they've turned it into a very bad value bet on how your team will get on during the year with a fair to middling chance on you losing a couple of quid.

Please, someone tell me that my figures are wrong but I don't think they are. Awful kick in the teeth to the gaa's most loyal fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The season tickets are the same price now as it was when league games were 15 Euro :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The season tickets are the same price now as it was when league games were 15 Euro :mad:

And more than when you had seven league games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Ya its poor form from the season ticket guys not to reduce prices, all it has going for it now is convience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

KevIRL wrote: »
    Ya its poor form from the season ticket guys not to reduce prices, all it has going for it now is convience.

Well ya do get the guarantee of an AI ticket if your county gets there. That's the only reason I purchased last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Well ya do get the guarantee of an AI ticket if your county gets there. That's the only reason I purchased last year.

Yeah but that's for loyalty, you still pay full price. The hurling season ticket now for possible 5 league games at a tenner a head is the same price as when you had 7 league games at 15 euro a head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Yeah but that's for loyalty, you still pay full price. The hurling season ticket now for possible 5 league games at a tenner a head is the same price as when you had 7 league games at 15 euro a head.

For new customers the hurling ticket was €85. For renewals it was €75.

Guaranteed "savings" for the hurling ticket is €70 - 5 league games, free first championship match but your team get knocked out, €5 off your first backdoor match and you get knocked out.

Is the €15 worth a risk on how good your team does? If they make semi-finals in the league you save another €10. If they make the final it's probably €15 saved. You get to go to the league semis/final for free anyway, even if your team isn't in it.

It's not bad value, it's not great value. However for the security of knowing you have an AI final ticket and if you're going to go the all the matches it is worth the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

For new customers the hurling ticket was €85. For renewals it was €75.

Guaranteed "savings" for the hurling ticket is €70 - 5 league games, free first championship match but your team get knocked out, €5 off your first backdoor match and you get knocked out.

Is the €15 worth a risk on how good your team does? If they make semi-finals in the league you save another €10. If they make the final it's probably €15 saved. You get to go to the league semis/final for free anyway, even if your team isn't in it.

It's not bad value, it's not great value. However for the security of knowing you have an AI final ticket and if you're going to go the all the matches it is worth the investment.

The issue is though that its getting increasingly cheaper to go to league matches with normal tickets but that saving is not being passed on to the most loyal of supporters. The season ticket is a fantastic idea and I've had one since it's first year but I'm still annoyed that I'm not getting the reduction of someone who decides to go to an odd league match on a fine sunny day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

The issue is though that its getting increasingly cheaper to go to league matches with normal tickets but that saving is not being passed on to the most loyal of supporters. The season ticket is a fantastic idea and I've had one since it's first year but I'm still annoyed that I'm not getting the reduction of someone who decides to go to an odd league match on a fine sunny day!

Of course, but you buy on the basis that you're going to all of those matches that you're getting for free. If you went to all the 5 league matches, one championship and one backdoor that's €70 value so you lose out €5 on a renewal or €15 in your first year. On those maths (guaranteed games) I will concede that perhaps the hurling ticket should be cheaper - €70 renewal, or €80 for new business. Still, that's only €5 and I'll gamble €5 on a guaranteed final ticket or more than 2 championship matches even if I wasn't a Dub. If the prices go up any more or the number of guaranteed matches is reduced I'll seriously have to reconsider my tickets for each code

Without going to all matches there will never be any value in a season ticket. Buy a Liverpool season ticket for £800 and go to 10 matches at ~£65 a match and you lose out. Buy a Leinster Rugby season ticket at €500 and go to 10 or 12 matches and you'll lose money as well. Nature of the beast really.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

Of course, but you buy on the basis that you're going to all of those matches that you're getting for free. If you went to all the 5 league matches, one championship and one backdoor that's €70 value so you lose out €5 on a renewal or €15 in your first year. On those maths (guaranteed games) I will concede that perhaps the hurling ticket should be cheaper - €70 renewal, or €80 for new business. Still, that's only €5 and I'll gamble €5 on a guaranteed final ticket or more than 2 championship matches even if I wasn't a Dub. If the prices go up any more or the number of guaranteed matches is reduced I'll seriously have to reconsider my tickets for each code

Without going to all matches there will never be any value in a season ticket. Buy a Liverpool season ticket for £800 and go to 10 matches at ~£65 a match and you lose out. Buy a Leinster Rugby season ticket at €500 and go to 10 or 12 matches and you'll lose money as well. Nature of the beast really.

I do go to all the matches - and would with or without a season ticket. My gripe is that prices are being reduced for general sale tickets but not for season tickets - that's all. :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement