Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaa Season Ticket 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I have a lower Cusack season ticket and I have attendance of 1/1

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

G_H wrote: »
    I was at the Dublin match last night but have just checked my account and it said I didn't attend anyone else have the same problem its a hill 16 ticket

Send them an email later on Monday if it hasn't been updated by then. I have a stand season ticket, they used to take a few days to update, but it is pretty fast now. Last night at 10pm it was already showing my attendance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

Anyone in Newbridge today still showing 0% attendance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

It takes time for the scanner data to be processed by HQ. I was 3 days waiting for my trip to Ballybofey last year to get reported as attended. They have also had problems in previous years with the attendance part of the site during the championship but had it settled before the semi-finals. I wouldn't be sending any emails or ringing them until Wednesday at the earliest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭jj72

It takes time for the scanner data to be processed by HQ. I was 3 days waiting for my trip to Ballybofey last year to get reported as attended. They have also had problems in previous years with the attendance part of the site during the championship but had it settled before the semi-finals. I wouldn't be sending any emails or ringing them until Wednesday at the earliest.

Cheers for that, just hadnt checked it before thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

What is the entrance for Cusack Park on Sunday?

Don't have access to the email address (Need to fix that) which season ticket send the emails so no idea which entrance to use.

Trampas wrote: »
    What is the entrance for Cusack Park on Sunday?

Don't have access to the email address (Need to fix that) which season ticket send the emails so no idea which entrance to use.

No email sent yet. There's more than one set of turnstiles in Cusack Park? Anyways, I reckon it'll be the one with the guy shouting Season ticket holders and the sign, like most non-Croker grounds :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭Trampas

No email sent yet. There's more than one set of turnstiles in Cusack Park? Anyways, I reckon it'll be the one with the guy shouting Season ticket holders and the sign, like most non-Croker grounds :)

Never been to Cusack Park before so not sure the lie of the land

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 163 ✭✭theenergy

are there any supporters buses going down from the city?

Trampas wrote: »
    Never been to Cusack Park before so not sure the lie of the land

Ah not a bother, I was there years ago myself so it's a bit hazy. Only one side has turnstiles, the one on Friar Mills Road. There'll be one entrance with a sign for season ticket holders, or it'll have a guy with a scanner outside it. Ask a steward which one to go to if you're having difficulty :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

anyone else season ticket seat for Croke Park getting worse?

I've gone from always in row M down to D in 305 to 306 for Cork game

Might drop them a mail about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

306 is hardly worse. You are still in the middle of Croke Park.

If I remember right when I signed up for the ticket it was for section 305 or 306. And they are randomly assigned, same as the row numbers.

I am in 306 for this game aswell after having always been in 305. No complaints about that to be honest. I wonder is it because of the Inter Pro game

I am in 306 SS too. ok if lashing rain! a lot of Dub and Cork season tickets I suppose, but I am a 305 regular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

No mail received yet my Tickets are available, 304 Row Z...

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Southern Belle

I've had a KK hurling season ticket since they started 4 or 5 years ago. Have never had the same seats twice-have been in the front and back of both 305 & 306-also 406, could never complain about any of them-I know the GAA cant do anything about the weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ace of Hearts

Just after reading the last few posts which more or less confirm my query. Are season ticket holders randomly assisgned seats in Croke Park for championship matches? Where are they normally located? What way does this whole process work? There are two adults and two children on my account so I assume we would be located in the Cusack Stand.

SportsMad1 wrote: »
    Just after reading the last few posts which more or less confirm my query. Are season ticket holders randomly assisgned seats in Croke Park for championship matches? Where are they normally located? What way does this whole process work? There are two adults and two children on my account so I assume we would be located in the Cusack Stand.

Yes, the assignments are random and spread around sections 304-307 of the Cusack. Sometimes you end up in 308 or 303 because the teams involved have lots of season ticket holders (e.g. Kerry vs Dublin) or because there is a double-header on.

The process works by you logging in to your season ticket account on SeasonTickets.ie, going to the My Tickets section and printing your tickets before the match. You should receive an email during the week about your tickets being available but the emails are a little unreliable at times. Tickets are usually available from Wednesday or Thursday before matches.

In matches in the provincials you might be offered a chance to Bring a Friend where you can purchase some extra tickets for friends to come with you to matches. The trade off is that if you do this then you and your season ticket holders will be moved to the fringes of the stands (e.g. 302 or 309) and out of the central sections where you might otherwise be if you didn't bring a friend. Usually you have to purchase the friend tickets before midnight on the Tuesday before the match. You'll receive an email about this if the GAA are giving you the option and purchasing these tickets is also done through the SeasonTickets.ie website. The Bring A Friend option disappears for the later championship rounds and the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

In matches in the provincials you might be offered a chance to Bring a Friend where you can purchase some extra tickets for friends to come with you to matches.

Do you know if this option is available for league games in Croke Park ?

jeffred wrote: »
    Do you know if this option is available for league games in Croke Park ?

Yes, it's available.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

Quick question on the season tickets and matches in Croker - do they assign seats to everyone with a season ticket a seat for the match so you can then print out your ticket or how does it work? Or do you have to request a ticket first?

glack wrote: »
    Quick question on the season tickets and matches in Croker - do they assign seats to everyone with a season ticket a seat for the match so you can then print out your ticket or how does it work? Or do you have to request a ticket first?

You are automatically assigned a different seat for each match, and you just logon and print it off each time. You have an option after the 1st championship match to skip one match ie an opt-out. If you select opt-out you won't be allocated a seat for that one match and so you won't have one to print.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭glack

I just would imagine that for league matches anyway there would be some unused good seats because some away supporters wouldn't be in a position to travel.

glack wrote: »
    I just would imagine that for league matches anyway there would be some unused good seats because some away supporters wouldn't be in a position to travel.

I go to all the Dublin football home games in Croke Park. Yes, there are unused good seats in 305/306 for example, but if someone really wants to move closer into the middle of the stand ie 305/306 they usually are able to, so long as the seatholder doesn't come late after throw-in to claim their rightful seat. There isn't any capacity issue and from the GAA's viewpoint, the seats are sold anyway, they have got the €75 as an advance payment for the league games.

I'd just like to commend the folks in the Season Ticket office for their swift responses to my queries.

I ran into a bit of bother getting my ticket scanned this weekend by arriving after the stiles closed but just before half-time. I was given the runaround by stewards before being let down after the game and told the scanner was off back to Croke Park and the attendance ship had sailed. I've since had my attendance recorded and asked for clarification or an official line on the actual availability of scanners during matches. I'm all for closing the turnstiles after a period of time and all for forcing the ticket holders to ensure their ticket is scanned, but by the same token the facility to have your ticket scanned should be available. If you waltz in late, the turnstiles are closed and don't bother your hole getting it scanned then tough luck - but if somebody seeks out a scanner it should be there, not on the way back to Croker or some office.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I'd just like to commend the folks in the Season Ticket office for their swift responses to my queries.

They've always been dead on, found out that it looks like most of the Mayo season ticket holders didn't get scanned at home to Kerry.... not hard to work these handhelds but some still struggle! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

yop wrote: »
    They've always been dead on, found out that it looks like most of the Mayo season ticket holders didn't get scanned at home to Kerry.... not hard to work these handhelds but some still struggle! :(

I must have been one of the lucky ones. I heard there was a lady on Mid West radio this morning complaining about not having her attendance updated for the Kerry and Cork home games despite having her card scanned.

I ran into a bit of bother getting my ticket scanned this weekend by arriving after the stiles closed but just before half-time. I was given the runaround by stewards before being let down after the game and told the scanner was off back to Croke Park and the attendance ship had sailed. I've since had my attendance recorded and asked for clarification or an official line on the actual availability of scanners during matches. I'm all for closing the turnstiles after a period of time and all for forcing the ticket holders to ensure their ticket is scanned, but by the same token the facility to have your ticket scanned should be available. If you waltz in late, the turnstiles are closed and don't bother your hole getting it scanned then tough luck - but if somebody seeks out a scanner it should be there, not on the way back to Croker or some office.

The official line is there is no official policy on the availability of scanners but any time up to 20 minutes after throw-in is grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Lads if i got drunk last night and lost my wallet

how would i go about a new one and getting into thurles for the match tomorrow??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

but1er wrote: »
    Lads if i got drunk last night and lost my wallet

how would i go about a new one and getting into thurles for the match tomorrow??

Think a new one costs a fiver you can go onto the website to order one. You might be goosed for tomorrows game though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

KevIRL wrote: »
    Think a new one costs a fiver you can go onto the website to order one. You might be goosed for tomorrows game though

cheers!

kevirl ready for a really stupid question

have the hill 16 season ticket 165.. That covers Dublin hurlers?? Not got a chance to go tomorrow my first chance

• Advertisement

The €165 Hill 16 ticket covers all matches in the code you choose and access to all Dublin club football and hurling championship matches in 2014. You will just be a regular paying punter tomorrow unless it's a hurling season ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

For anyone that had their tickets scanned in Castlebar last Sunday, If your attendance was not updated, have a read here;

http://mayoclub51.com/season-tickets-scanned-cork-match/

What's the story with the "Bring a friend" tickets for the weekend? Do I need to just buy 1 ticket under that option or do I purchase 2 for myself and the mate?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

mayo.mick wrote: »
    For anyone that had their tickets scanned in Castlebar last Sunday, If your attendance was not updated, have a read here;

http://mayoclub51.com/season-tickets-scanned-cork-match/

I was in touch with them myself about not being scanned to a Dublin game and having said earlier that I've had the ticket since day 1 and I have always found them very helpful, it's all changed now!

Totally unhelpful this time, basically saying feck off we don't resolve issues if the venue messes up.

Not sure what you are supposed to do if the venue don't know what they are doing but the season ticket office then say it's not their problem.

Won't matter to us as we have always hit 90% plus attendance, but not a good sign.

Consistently outside of croke park there are problems with scanning, big queue etc. How they can just stick their head in the sand and say that isn't their problem is beyond me.

statto25 wrote: »
    What's the story with the "Bring a friend" tickets for the weekend? Do I need to just buy 1 ticket under that option or do I purchase 2 for myself and the mate?

You purchase 1 ticket for your friend. All ST holders under your account will be moved outside the section (but still in the Cusack) to accommodate the extra people.
    copacetic wrote: »
    I was in touch with them myself about not being scanned to a Dublin game and having said earlier that I've had the ticket since day 1 and I have always found them very helpful, it's all changed now!

Totally unhelpful this time, basically saying feck off we don't resolve issues if the venue messes up.

Not sure what you are supposed to do if the venue don't know what they are doing but the season ticket office then say it's not their problem.

Won't matter to us as we have always hit 90% plus attendance, but not a good sign.

Consistently outside of croke park there are problems with scanning, big queue etc. How they can just stick their head in the sand and say that isn't their problem is beyond me.

Which match was it you're having issues with? I got sorted out with my attendance issue handy enough.

You purchase 1 ticket for your friend. All ST holders under your account will be moved outside the section (but still in the Cusack) to accommodate the extra people.

Cheers TV. Sure enough I am being moved to section 302 lower cusack. Not great but should be a good game.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

Hi, does anyone know if you buy a season ticket for someone else as a present and hence share a season ticket account, can you 'split' up from the other ticket holder and each have your own account? Bought a season ticket for someone as a present but they now want to bring a friend to some of the matches. From what I've read, that means that our seating group would get moved to a different area in Croke Park which I'd like to avoid. I've seen the 'set as admin' setting on the season ticket page which I think would give us equal access to the account but can we actually split up (we're in a seating group with another account holder and I don't want them to get moved with us against their will or left on their own either). Any ideas?

Hi, does anyone know if you buy a season ticket for someone else as a present and hence share a season ticket account, can you 'split' up from the other ticket holder and each have your own account? Bought a season ticket for someone as a present but they now want to bring a friend to some of the matches. From what I've read, that means that our seating group would get moved to a different area in Croke Park which I'd like to avoid. I've seen the 'set as admin' setting on the season ticket page which I think would give us equal access to the account but can we actually split up (we're in a seating group with another account holder and I don't want them to get moved with us against their will or left on their own either). Any ideas?

You've a very particular set of circumstances, I don't imagine the Season Ticket system will be able to help you out but your best bet is to email them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

copacetic wrote: »

It is notable that, as a result of a system failure last year, all Dublin GAA Football season ticket holders were credited with attending a league game down in Kerry regardless of whether they attended or not (most didn't but were credited with attendance anyway - in many cases it will have been the reason they secured an AI ticket last September). A case of one rule for one county and another for the rest it would seem.

Of course, Mayo GAA have little interest in having their systems correctly in place for GAA ticket holders as they want you to shell out for the Cairde Maigheo ticket. I know of a case a few years ago where a GAA ticket holder was told by a steward in Castlebar that the ticket didn't cover Mayo home games and he would have to pay in despite holding a GAA season ticket.

It is notable that, as a result of a system failure last year, all Dublin GAA Football season ticket holders were credited with attending a league game down in Kerry regardless of whether they attended or not (most didn't but were credited with attendance anyway - in many cases it will have been the reason they secured an AI ticket last September). A case of one rule for one county and another for the rest it would seem.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions on this, that was last year. The scanners were not working at the hurling match against Tipperary in Semple last weekend and they printed out the names and card numbers of all season ticket holders and manually marked them as attended. It led to long queues and also a dedicated stile for each county but I can guarantee you that they did it because the GAA weren't just going to mark every ST holder as attended this year.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't jump to conclusions on this, that was last year. The scanners were not working at the hurling match against Tipperary in Semple last weekend and they printed out the names and card numbers of all season ticket holders and manually marked them as attended. It led to long queues and also a dedicated stile for each county but I can guarantee you that they did it because the GAA weren't just going to mark every ST holder as attended this year.

Just to let everyone know what is happening in Mayo at the moment. First of all 3 weeks ago was it, the Kerry match in Castlebar, numerous season ticket holders were not marked as attended. Last week after the Cork match the same thing happened only this time people were aware of it. Croke park refused to correct THEIR mistake at the Kerry match and said it was gone past the 10 day widow to let them know as per their T&C's ( which by the way they snook in without telling existing season ticket holders about the change, that's another matter)

Numerous people were again not credited for attending the Cork match because of their mistakes again. When people contacted Croke Park numerous times, (within the 10 day window, which finish's tomorrow Wednesday 26th March at 2.30pm) some people's attendance were manually updated. They are now telling everyone else that they will not update anyone else because of their mistake.

What happened at the stiles?
    Season ticket holders presented their tickets as usual, scanned, scanner beeped and they went through. 1 case, family of 5, 2 adults 3 Juveniles. 2 adults and 2 juveniles were recorded, 1 juvenile was not, same scanner so I would assume that the card was not scanned properly.

2nd case, Lady went in ( at 12.30 for hurling match) so no pressure on stewards, card scanned Beeps turns Green & Go. Her attendance is not updated and they refuse to do so, where are her attendance records gone?

T&C's this year say that it is up to the card holder to ensure that it is scanned correctly, beeps, turns Green & Go. If it Beeps, turns Red & Stop you are not to be admitted and they have to check a printed list of season ticket holders that they have at every match and mark you name off.

2 questions, why were people allowed through if the scanner said stop? ( not checked) What happened the records of people that were scanned Beep turn Green & Go?

Also read the e-mail they sent out for the bring a friend yesterday;

PLEASE NOTE THAT ATTENDANCES WILL NOT BE MANUALLY UPDATED FOR ANY PREVIOUS OR FUTURE FIXTURE AS THERE ARE PROCEDURES IN PLACE AT EACH VENUE TO ENSURE THAT ATTENDANCE IS RECORDED ON MATCH DAY.

What happens if this happened at every match you went to? What are you to do? As they say its up to us to ensure our attendance is recorded correctly. Make sure the scanner turns Green & Go, take a photo of it, ask for your name to be marked off of the printed sheet that they have?

Links to T&C's 2013 & 2014; Season stiles 39/44

https://www.gaa.ie/content/files/GAASeasonTicket2013TermsConditions.pdf

http://www.gaa.ie/content/files/GAASeasonTicket2014_Terms&Conditions_1_1.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Quite a few changes to the terms and conditions. Did you see number 53 which is new?

"Due to the significantly increased demand for the All Ireland Finals, the seats
    allocated to qualifying Season Ticket holders for the finals will not be located in the same section as seats allocated for prior championship games at Croke
    Park."

Godge wrote: »
    Quite a few changes to the terms and conditions. Did you see number 53 which is new?

"Due to the significantly increased demand for the All Ireland Finals, the seats
    allocated to qualifying Season Ticket holders for the finals will not be located in the same section as seats allocated for prior championship games at Croke
    Park."

Nally stand then I suppose? Didn't see that!

Godge wrote: »

Park."

Ah would they ever fúck off. The people who should be most rewarded are those who go to all their county matches on the Season Ticket. What right does anybody else have to hold those seats that season ticket holders have occupied throughout the championship? Anybody's €80 is worth the same, the demand for the All Ireland final is always the same; a complete sell out. Who sits in those seats makes no odds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Thanks for that mayo.mick. Wouldn't have copped that otherwise.

I'm seriously beginning to consider not getting the season ticket next year. The benefits of it seem to be reducing year on year while the problems are mounting. For example, now they're letting you buy league tickets in advance for a tenner, further reducing the amount you're saving on league games. Also, the queues at the season ticket stile at some venues are ridiculous (was waiting for nearly 10 minutes in the pouring rain in Clones).
    Luckily, my attendance is correct so far, but I'll definitely make a point to check directly after every game from now on.

Maybe what might be better is a co-ordinated response to the season ticket office to air the several issues with the scheme? A few lone voices will surely not ruffle too many feathers but if you get a good crowd of people and put forward some comprehensive arguments we might have more luck?

Maybe what might be better is a co-ordinated response to the season ticket office to air the several issues with the scheme? A few lone voices will surely not ruffle too many feathers but if you get a good crowd of people and put forward some comprehensive arguments we might have more luck?

There was, and very strongly worded too, no responce, completely ignored. That's the madding thing :mad::mad::mad:

There was, and very strongly worded too, no responce, completely ignored. That's the madding thing :mad::mad::mad:

Can you take it further up the chain then, perhaps to the Director General (via your county board if necessary)?

Thanks for that mayo.mick. Wouldn't have copped that otherwise.

I'm seriously beginning to consider not getting the season ticket next year. The benefits of it seem to be reducing year on year while the problems are mounting. For example, now they're letting you buy league tickets in advance for a tenner, further reducing the amount you're saving on league games. Also, the queues at the season ticket stile at some venues are ridiculous (was waiting for nearly 10 minutes in the pouring rain in Clones).
    Luckily, my attendance is correct so far, but I'll definitely make a point to check directly after every game from now on.

And what if after every match your attendance was not updated and they refused to do so, which has happened in this case, even though the season ticket holder kept their part of the T&C's 2014,(reporting the issue within the "10 day window") what would you then? V

Very very poor customer service this year from them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭QuiteInterestin

You've a very particular set of circumstances, I don't imagine the Season Ticket system will be able to help you out but your best bet is to email them.

Thanks, was thinking that alright. Won't bother emailing as they don't seem to be very helpful at the moment. Will know better for next year!

Advertisement