Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

my cat has a limp

• 14-10-2013 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi there
    My cats been limping the last couple days. Front right paw. I can't see anything obvious like a thorn but I'm not sure. Can someone have a look?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

No one can diagnose what is wrong with your cat by looking at a picture. If its lame then you need to see a vet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

The rightmost part of his paw is sorest I think. So the leftmost pad as we look at the pic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Just wondering what is the white stuff on his toes? did he walk in something or is it possibly a fungal infection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

is that paint on his toe pads?

I dont know what it is! There is pus coming from the right most of his pads.
    Vet tomorrow for sure, just wondering if anyone had an idea 'out of hours'...
    Cheers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Hi there
    My cats been limping the last couple days. Front right paw. I can't see anything obvious like a thorn but I'm not sure. Can someone have a look?

You couldn't see anything obvious???

Anyway that doesn't matter now, at least you have recognised the fact that kitty needs to see the vet asap, especially when he has an infected paw. He'll be in alot of pain with that too, he must be licking it non stop the poor thing.
    Most vets have an out of hours vet thats on call during weekends and nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Abigayle

Not saying this is the case, but I took my Dads cat for a few weeks a few years ago and she came home with a limp. I had a look at her paw and there was nothing obvious to me there. When we took her to the vet he discovered that she'd been bitten and that was the reason she was limping. I live in an area where there a lot of ferral cats, and I figure one of them did the damage. Within weeks, and with the help of her meds she was back on form again.

I hope things go well at the vets OP (:

We actually debrided the paw ourselves and gave him analgesia and topical antibiotics. He's much better now. No limp and jumps all over my face all last night playing

Thanks for the help!

Advertisement