Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Trim, Ballivor, Athboy - Co. Meath

Options
  • 14-10-2013 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Looking for any info on the above areas .We are considering moving to Meath mid next year and are looking at properties in the above areas and would really appreciate any info anyone out there has to share on these including the areas themselves , social clubs , schools , .Commutes into Dublin for work purposes and general standard of living there

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Post in Meath forum - you've a better chance of getting answers there.

Trim is nice. Athboy and Ballivor are very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Alan T Corcoran

Thanks Meathlass , appreciate the response , its a big move for me and my family so trying to gather as much info as possible !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Meathlass wrote: »
    Post in Meath forum - you've a better chance of getting answers there.

Trim is nice. Athboy and Ballivor are very small.

Did the main street in Athboy get fixed yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I agree with Meathlass. Trim is a nice scenic town. It would be by far the best of the three. Bit of a hike to city centre though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Alan T Corcoran

Thanks a million , but am hearing and reading of Trim and Ballivor being rough ?? Athboy to be the best , would ye agree??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭LaFleur

Stay away from Ballivor - its a hole. Rough element within the town itself.

Would recomment Trim or Athboy. Both have good community spirit. Both have good family focued groups, socities and schools. Trim being the bigger town you will obviously have more. Property wise, Athboy will be cheaper and better value. Athboy is only 15 mins from Trim, 15 mins from new M3 motorway and 20 mins from Navan. The local bus service the 111 usually starts in Athboy and goes into Trim and onwards to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tosh999

If you can manage to stretch to pay for a house inTrim then it is by far the best town to live in. Property much cheaper in Ballivor/Athboy but they are much smaller and no way as family friendly. Trim , in my opinion, is a much nicer place to rear a family.

Advertisement