Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS1 Saves

Options
  • 14-10-2013 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭

I just put about fifty hours into Final Fantasy VIII on PS3, but using PS1 discs. It turns out that discs 3 and 4 won't run on PS3. I was wondering how/where PSN versions of PS1 games save. Do they save into the created PS1 memory card inside the PS3? If so, if I downloaded the PSN version FFVIII would I be able to continue my file on where I left off?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

deathrider wrote: »
    I just put about fifty hours into Final Fantasy VIII on PS3, but using PS1 discs. It turns out that discs 3 and 4 won't run on PS3. I was wondering how/where PSN versions of PS1 games save. Do they save into the created PS1 memory card inside the PS3? If so, if I downloaded the PSN version FFVIII would I be able to continue my file on where I left off?

Yes they do. I haven't been able to test that as i lost my PS1 Final Fantasy disc's but can confirm that the Digital saves do save in the created Virtual PS1 memory card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Klair88 wrote: »
    Yes they do. I haven't been able to test that as i lost my PS1 Final Fantasy disc's but can confirm that the Digital saves do save in the created Virtual PS1 memory card.

Thanks for the reply. That's a relief. Since it works off the same system, I'd imagine the saves should be accessible from the PSN version. If I have the cash to spare today, I'll download it. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I downloaded the PSN version and after a nail-biting wait, it allowed me to access the saves that I'd created through the PS1 discs. So just in case anyone else ever encounters this situatio, you can rest assured that you can continue your game of Final Fantasy VIII through the PSN download. I've heard that VII also has trouble when playing the later discs on PS3, so I'd reckon this trick woods work there too.

Honestly, I can't tell you just how relieved I am that this works. If it didn't, I'd be down fifty hours and a tenner (to add insult to injury) because of the download.

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Klair88

Awesome! Glad it worked for you! JUst in case anyone stumbles across this thread for a similar problem..

PS1 games can be transferred onto your Vita, But you can't transfer the saves :(

I went abroad for a bit, entrusted precious PS1 discs with family but they lost said disks. So i bought all the Final Fantasy's from VI to IX from the PS Store many moon ago.

Advertisement