Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chevron training.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 williewarmer

well why dont rgii ask fas for the certs (minimum standard oftec 101) YOU WILL FIND THEY ACCEPT A LETTER FROM A BUILDERS PROVIDERS. SURE ANYONE CAN GET A LETTERHEAD AND SAY THEY BUY PLUMBING MATERIALS. THIS WILL NOT CHANGE. because they are keeping them sefls in a job. the course i done would not have gone ahead with 4. there was only 4 met the criteria.

if they cant keep to the min criteria now. what chances of it happening after 31 december. rgii handed out registration to one of these guys recently. rgii are as bad. why did they not ask for minimum criteria aswell as fetac 6 cert (gid).

rgii is as bad as fas. if it was not dangerous. it would be funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

You seem to be very annoyed with the system before you even get involved with it.

If you obtain your registration with RGII under false or inaccurate requirements, your registration maybe revoked at a later date.

If FAS are allowing candidates through their doors that do not meet the minimum requirements, then their certification process can and has been suspended in the past. The only one that suffers is the candidate.

If you feel an injustice has been done, you can always report it directly to RGII or better still to the certification bodies themselves. Always best as a recorded delivery in writing, requesting a response in writing also.

rgii is as bad as fas. if it was not dangerous. it would be funny.

What experience do you have of RGII?

i would have served me time and worked with some of the founder members. probably before your time.

id know more about rgi and its foundation , than you might think.

i would have served me time and worked with some of the founder members. probably before your time.

id know more about rgi and its foundation , than you might think.

Good man. You're not from Cork by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Nedser101

Big Davey wrote: »
    Ok guys just to "clarify" there is absolutely NO way for me to get RGI registered to work on gas at this stage there is no "month" course or additional exams references, referees or aptitude test etc etc I would have to spend a year in the uk to get my exams there correct ? If I got the HETAS H003 H004 and OFTEC 50,101,105e,600a I still would not qualify ? Is there anywhere else in Europe that I could do a course in to get qualified ? As you can probably tell I am very pxxxed off not to be able to do this as it is something I really wanted to do and a certain trainer still has the old rules on their website they have not bothered to update it.
    With regards to appliance repair which course would be best as this might have to be my second choice. Thanks to all who have helped.

Hi Davey you seem to have your heart set on getting into the trade .would there be any way you may be able to get experience via an internship on non domestic appliances just an idea!

no wicklow.

big davey. you can get oftec gis and gid done before xmas between chevron and metac. check the dates yourself.

OFTEC is minimum 3 week course. GIS is also a 3 week course, and GID is a 6 week course. Even if all courses were timed perfectly, that's a minimum of 12 weeks. Even Santy can't put Christmas back that far.

shane0007 wrote: »
    You seem to be very annoyed with the system before you even get involved with it.

If you obtain your registration with RGII under false or inaccurate requirements, your registration maybe revoked at a later date.

If FAS are allowing candidates through their doors that do not meet the minimum requirements, then their certification process can and has been suspended in the past. The only one that suffers is the candidate.

If you feel an injustice has been done, you can always report it directly to RGII or better still to the certification bodies themselves. Always best as a recorded delivery in writing, requesting a response in writing also.

sorry just got this post n my email. i dont care who gets registered with rgii. i would not have even done the course. it was the social welfare made me. i have property rented and make money of the rents. properties are in ne. but i make enough on the rents to keep me going. because they are in ne. i also get the full dole. so im happy out.
    i have a few friends rgii registered. they talk about minimum criteria. i just though i would advice there is no minimum criteria. i hope the day i go to the doctor to save my life. he did not hand in a leteer from the local butchers to get his cert.

if i could advice. i would say do the oftec and take it from there. id bet you will still be able to do the gis and gid with oftec next year.

• Advertisement

i dont care who gets registered with rgii. i would not have even done the course. it was the social welfare made me. i have property rented and make money of the rents. properties are in ne. but i make enough on the rents to keep me going. because they are in ne. i also get the full dole. so im happy out.

Glad to see you can contribute so much to the economy. Says a lot for FAS too I guess. Best of luck with your property empire & dole fraud.

Glad to see you can contribute so much to the economy. Says a lot for FAS too I guess. Best of luck with your property empire & dole fraud.

no i told them i had 6 houses. because they are in ne, i am entitled to the dole. i own my own home outright. but they dont use that as capital. thats the truth.

i dont want to work at he plumbing anymore. its a young mans job. the way i look at it is, if i start doing boiler servicing . i would only be taking the work from a younger man.

i do contribute to the economy. i have to pay property tax on my rentals and i still have a tax return.

yes that oftec is a 3 week course. just go ahead do that course before xmas and put your name down to start gis before or just after xmas. id say you will still be ok.

best of luck

ps the exams are easy. the gid is open book. (cant make it any easier) they give you handouts with the answers before the test and also give you 2 or 3 shots after answering them. piece of piss. dont worry about experience to pass them. get the certs and then the experience. its always been like this.

if you want an elite club lads. i would advice that rgii have the only gid course center and there minimum criteria is met and confirmed by them before you get a place on the course.

with the tests (not open book) corrected and supervised by an independent body and exam papers only known by them. TESTS REPEATED EVERY 5 YEARS.

wounder how many read this will have faith in the gas trade.

ps the exams are easy. they give you handouts with the answers before the test and also give you 2 or 3 shots after answering them. piece of piss. dont worry about experience to pass them. get the certs and then the experience.

I give up......
    i dont care who gets registered with rgii.
    i hope the day i go to the doctor to save my life. he did not hand in a leteer from the local butchers to get his cert.

I guess you might care if you let one of your family members live in one of your properties & somebody with your attitude & training turned up to service the gas boiler & killed them.
    Perhaps people like yourself should take a bit of responsibility for their actions. It's not all about a free ride & perhaps when this is realised, our country might actually begin to recover.
    If FAS is actually promoting that crap, they should be shut down immediately.

Unfortunately for the OP, Big Davey, he will miss the boat. It is unfortunate that somebody who is genuine & extremely keen to join a professional profession cannot, as usually in my experience, people with those traits become decent & contienious engineers.

I give up......

I guess you might care if you let one of your family members live in one of your properties & somebody with your attitude & training turned up to service the gas boiler & killed them.
    Perhaps people like yourself should take a bit of responsibility for their actions. It's not all about a free ride & perhaps when this is realised, our country might actually begin to recover.
    If FAS is actually promoting that crap, they should be shut down immediately.

Unfortunately for the OP, Big Davey, he will miss the boat. It is unfortunate that somebody who is genuine & extremely keen to join a professional profession cannot, as usually in my experience, people with those traits become decent & contienious engineers.

if anything i mentioned in my previous post on this thread is incorrect. please highlight for the public. ps ....can ou tell me if you did it a different way. no open book or 2/3 chances and the exact sample papers before the test. the 3 centers are the same.

if anything i mentioned in my previous post on this thread is incorrect. please highlight for the public.

Well if you stop editing/changing your posts, people might be able to make up their own minds about your posts.

I give up......

1.I guess you might care if you let one of your family members live in one of your properties & somebody with your attitude & training turned up to service the gas boiler & killed them.
    2. Perhaps people like yourself should take a bit of responsibility for their actions. It's not all about a free ride & perhaps when this is realised, our country might actually begin to recover.
    3.If FAS is actually promoting that crap, they should be shut down immediately.

4.Unfortunately for the OP, Big Davey, he will miss the boat. It is unfortunate that somebody who is genuine & extremely keen to join a professional profession cannot, as usually in my experience, people with those traits become decent & contienious engineers.
    1. including you, all the exams where done the same way. i service my my own boilers. i know im breaking the law. but 30 years experience as a gas fitter is better than open book imo. 2. free ride , how much tax do you think i contributed in my life time and still do. for the properties i own. i recon i paid almost 200k stamp duty.3. i gave you a solution in previous post. its not just fas , its them all. 4. imo id advice him to do the oftec before the year ends and register for gis course. id say he will be ok.

Well if you stop editing/changing your posts, people might be able to make up their own minds about your posts.

i am on my new phone. i rectified spellings. i did not change.

ps ....can ou tell me if you did it a different way. no open book or 2/3 chances and the exact sample papers before the test. the 3 centers are the same.

No centre is allowed to give the answers before the exam & I certainly know this is not common practice.
    There is nothing wrong with open book exams. Pass rate is 100% with 2 attempts + plus an oral. First attempt must achieve 80% pass rate otherwise the exam is failed.
    When you are in the real world, a condition of your RGII registration is that you always have at hand a copy of your regulations. The exams emulate this & you are allowed your books & regs with you in the exams for this reason. It is also the same practice in the UK & is an accepted method throughout Europe Certification bodies.

Where you have failed is if you were subjected to a deceitful exam process/practice, you should have objected & not wing it on an open public forum after the fact. For me, I do not believe that FAS would be that stupid to adhere to such a practice as you describe for it was not that long ago there were slapped for something similar.

Or in fact, did you not bring it to the attention of your high up friends in RGII?

• Advertisement

i am on my new phone. i rectified spellings. i did not change.

I'm glad you're back though. It's been a bit boring here since you were banned.

Let's the good times roll again!

No centre is allowed to give the answers before the exam & I certainly know this is not common practice.
    1.There is nothing wrong with open book exams. Pass rate is 100% with 2 attempts + plus an oral. First attempt must achieve 80% pass rate otherwise the exam is failed.
    2.When you are in the real world, a condition of your RGII registration is that you always have at hand a copy of your regulations. The exams emulate this & you are allowed your books & regs with you in the exams for this reason. It is also the same practice in the UK & is an accepted method throughout Europe Certification bodies.

3.Where you have failed is if you were subjected to a deceitful exam process/practice, you should have objected & not wing it on an open public forum after the fact. For me, I do not believe that FAS would be that stupid to adhere to such a practice as you describe for it was not that long ago there were slapped for something similar.

Or in fact, did you not bring it to the attention of your high up friends in RGII?
    1. what if you forget your book. do you say "im innocent" it was open book test and i did not have the book the day the boiler blew up. the test time limit with the few pages involved on each module. you would find the answers reading the chapter and still have time for a cup of tea and read the newspaper. its a joke. 2 the book IS 813 for the domestic side. i think is what your talking about. do you recon all the ansers are in that ? 3. i didnt fail. im just saying what i seen and what i know. better the public knows.

ps,,,,,,,,,,,,, i service my boilers. im breaking the law. because i am not rgii registered. well i tell you to ****. i sleep with piece of mind at night. knowing it was (a man with fast experience and knowledge) and not a certified electican, butcher, labourer , dog groomer, pump sales man with a gas cert and a book (the only book id give most of them. is a colouring book).

shane. i think you would agree. also. i wouldnt class you in that catogary. but your 1 out of ten.

i remember reading on a toilet walll on a site in england......
    down the glen. came 10 men . dressed in plumbers armour. 1 in 10. time served men. the rest where ****in chancers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

shane. i think you would agree. also. i wouldnt class you in that catogary. but your 1 out of ten.

And your one in a million :rolleyes:
    wounder how many read this will have faith in the gas trade.

With head cases like you able to get in it surely proves the point that RGII are no fit for purpose, but then, we all knew that.

ps,,,,,,,,,,,,, i service my boilers. im breaking the law. because i am not rgii registered. well i tell you to ****. i sleep with piece of mind at night. knowing it was (a man with fast experience and knowledge) and not a certified electican, butcher, labourer , dog groomer, pump sales man with a gas cert and a book (the only book id give most of them. is a colouring book).

i remember reading on a toilet walll on a site in england......
    down the glen. came 10 men . dressed in plumbers armour. 1 in 10. time served men. the rest where ****in chancers.
    I see you are still marching around la la land in the middle of the night.
    I wonder which category you would be put into!
    As a dole cheat, an illegal gas worker & a general high flying so-called property investor (you know the ones, them fellas that broke out country).
    It's really a pity you are not a bit smarter than you are. Spotted on about your 2nd post back here. QBE, CorkPlumber, whatever your name is, perhaps we might have some fun with you before you begin your "let me out, I don't like Prison" rant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I'm thinking QBE too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I'm thinking QBE too

Was this the lad who him and his son rebuilt burners?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

Nedser101 wrote: »
    Hi Davey you seem to have your heart set on getting into the trade .would there be any way you may be able to get experience via an internship on non domestic appliances just an idea!
    I don't think so to be honest.

big davey. you can get oftec gis and gid done before xmas between chevron and metac. check the dates yourself.
    No it won't happen I spoke to the schools and I would have needed the gis gid 3 weeks ago. December 31 is the date there is no extension that's it. The schools are going to be loosing a fortune if there was a way they would find it.

No it won't happen I spoke to the schools and I would have needed the gis gid 3 weeks ago. December 31 is the date there is no extension that's it. The schools are going to be loosing a fortune if there was a way they would find it.

Ssshhhhh he's sleeping! He was up all night climbing walls & doing a lot of marching around his living room! God love him, he must be tired....

have you seen this i writing. is it legislation or the law ? NO.

then just do oftec. you will get a place on gis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

don't think its qbe

but with a posting name like williewarmer does he really think anybody on here is going to take him serious

if it was qbe he surely would have advised ye gas boys by now that his son could do yere jobs with his eyes closed

but I have been wrong before cant remember when but im sure the wife will

Williewarmer banned!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooo.........
    I thought we might have got at least a week out of him :-(

What will he come back as next time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Williewarmer banned!!!!!

What was he banned for?

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    What was he banned for?

Dunno, but I presume for re-regging when site banned. He was also banned in the Gaming forum for abusing everyone there last night! I don't think his pills are agreeing with him.

Pity, I wanted to tell him how engineers are better than plumbers, lol ;-)
    I know how much he loves Boiler Engineers especially ones from England....
    Hmmm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭crock!

Dunno, but I presume for re-regging when site banned. He was also banned in the Gaming forum for abusing everyone there last night! I don't think his pills are agreeing with him.

Hmmm....
    dont you mean a pumbers mate ha

Such a pity!! i was hoping for a couple of verses of The Men Behind The Wire.

Hmmm....

Such a pity!! i was hoping for a couple of verses of The Men Behind The Wire.

Aye, I was really up for a real laugh this week. I even polished my marching boots for the ready.
    Wouldn't it be great if we could bring him & Heinbolloc back for even a day, but the same day????

I also wanted to know if he was asleep for his G1 & didn't realise he did not need to do the GIS.

Hmmm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Williewarmer banned!!!!!

0007shane
    If he has a sense of humour !

Name is not in use. !!

• Advertisement

That would be fun!
    Next time I won't be so forthcoming with my Sherlock Holmes diagnosis & perhaps we might get a little more pleasure from his company. He really needs to change his posting habits though, editing every post & ranting at all hours of the morning, although I would miss my smiles over brekkie!

That would be fun!
    Next time I won't be so forthcoming with my Sherlock Holmes diagnosis & perhaps we might get a little more pleasure from his company. He really needs to change his posting habits though, editing every post & ranting at all hours of the morning, although I would miss my smiles over brekkie!

Ya. He got stuck in fairly quick under his new name. No time for a gentel build up to the volcano.
    Pity.

I perefered corkplumber's hood winking slow approach.

Yeah, he sort of befriended "most" people for quite a while.
    I guess watching from afar without being able to comment for so long just built up. He even attacked the kids in the Games Forum for some reason.

scudo2 wrote: »
    I perefered corkplumber's hood winking slow approach.

He was just misunderstood, i thought it was because he was a Cork Plumber, but if Scudo cound'nt even catch his wit then he was always on a looser, and i though all the Cork lads were buddies. ;)

and i though all the Cork lads were buddies. ;)

They are except Scudo is a blow in from Carlaaaaaaa

Yeah, he sort of befriended "most" people for quite a while.
    I guess watching from afar without being able to comment for so long just built up. He even attacked the kids in the Games Forum for some reason.
    U talking to little kids in a game forum now. Hmmmm

U talking to little kids in a game forum now. Hmmmm

No need to drop to his level, now is there?
    In answer to you, no I am not but I have not laughed like that for quite a while after reading the wit he received from them. He could only respond with his usual sickness & hence got banned from that forum, before receiving his overall site ban.

Hmmm....

Williewarmer even gave advice in medical for a head X ray. Ha ha

Williewarmer even gave advice in medical for a head X ray. Ha ha
    The Cxxt tried to cost me a few grand telling me gowaaaaaaan gowaaaaaaaan do the course you will be grand lol

• Advertisement

Right lads all is not lost................. I just received this from the RGI a few mins ago.
    You have up until the 30/11/13 to do your GIS and 31/12/13 to do your GID, then you can register with ourselves before 28/02/14.

I have attached application form with this you need:
    Copy of GIS GID qualification
    Copy of public liability insurance
    2 passport photos
    €75.00 application fee
    What do yous think ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement