Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chevron training.

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

Big Davey wrote: »
    Right lads all is not lost................. I just received this from the RGI a few mins ago.
    You have up until the 30/11/13 to do your GIS and 31/12/13 to do your GID, then you can register with ourselves before 28/02/14.

I have attached application form with this you need:
    Copy of GIS GID qualification
    Copy of public liability insurance
    2 passport photos
    €75.00 application fee
    What do yous think ?
    SCRAP the above quote lads I would have needed an OFTEC before September 9th but they "forgot" to tell me that I found it out for myself. The whole thing is a shambles if you ask me :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

SCRAP the above quote lads I would have needed an OFTEC before September 9th but they "forgot" to tell me that I found it out for myself. The whole thing is a shambles if you ask me :-)

How do you think we feel, we deal with there plonckers everyday. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭pat35

why do you need the oftec course before september 9th..,could you not do the oftec course in chevron 9th nov, 5 days.gis course nov 18th chevron,gid 2nd dec chevron.does this not qualify for rgii before they bring in the new requirements

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 polymath plumber

FAS will not pay for courses with chevron. Why is this the case? I applied for funding to do a course with chevron. The job facilitator laughed and said we will not be paying for courses with them. My question is WHY?

The value of the course and the course criteria was fine. The reason was because it was chevron training. No other reason.

Id like to know why?

perhaps they took in real numpties and passed them all with flying colours for them to now go play with peeps lives.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 27 polymath plumber

perhaps they took in real numpties and passed them all with flying colours for them to now go play with peeps lives.....
    That's funny.
    I think the jobs facilitator I spoke with had first hand experience. He was a right numpty.
    It took 2 weeks to get an appointment to see him. Mr Bean had'nt patch on him. A right dunce. It was him that needed the courses more than I did.
    I left felling sorry for his situation. Then I realized I was unemployed and he was there to help me.
    The only advice I got from him "was to emigrate" and not to do courses with chevron.
    So I am off to the emigration thread now to finalize my employment prospects on the advice of the state funded National Training and Employment Authority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

That's funny.
    I think the jobs facilitator I spoke with had first hand experience. He was a right numpty.
    It took 2 weeks to get an appointment to see him. Mr Bean had'nt patch on him. A right dunce. It was him that needed the courses more than I did.
    I left felling sorry for his situation. Then I realized I was unemployed and he was there to help me.
    The only advice I got from him "was to emigrate" and not to do courses with chevron.
    So I am off to the emigration thread now to finalize my employment prospects on the advice of the state funded National Training and Employment Authority.

That is disgraceful.

When I was made redundant in 2009 the bloke in my FAS office said "sure you would be probably better off doing nixers anyway". Can you believe these people.

If it gets ya off the list............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

If it gets ya off the list............

personally I think they prefer if you don't ask questions

Have to disagree here lads a friend of mine god funding from FAS to do a chevron course about a month ago.
    FAS are just cxxts in my opinion and try to put people off any chance they get they just reek of "I'm alright jack" mentality I never meet one that was even nearly in the real world.

• Advertisement

FAS will not pay for courses with chevron. Why is this the case? I applied for funding to do a course with chevron. The job facilitator laughed and said we will not be paying for courses with them. My question is WHY?

The value of the course and the course criteria was fine. The reason was because it was chevron training. No other reason.

Id like to know why?
    Just go with another course provider then. It is just an attempt to fob you off. Ask him to put it in writing and sign why he won't fund a chevron course. Don't emigrate why should you ? Go back and get your course and stay in Ireland if that's what you want to do. If you were a non national he would be afraid to tell you to emigrate especial if you were a minority race. The Irish are getting a raw deal in their own country nowadays and it's our public servants that are most to blame.

Coming from London and having served a apprenticeship I don't understand why up skilling is made so difficult.

There are some very good C&G, NVQ courses that could be run with a apprentice like set up, then everyone's happy.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

Didn't think there was such a thing as a 'non national'
    And don't think any racist comments have any business on boards

gary71 wrote: »
    Coming from London and having served a apprenticeship I don't understand why up skilling is made so difficult.

There are some very good C&G, NVQ courses that could be run with a apprentice like set up, then everyone's happy.
    It's made difficult because the people who set up courses and work in government bodies are stuck in the Jurassic age and have no interest or motivation for the good of the country or it's people.

DGOBS wrote: »
    Have you any idea how stupid your comment makes you sound ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

DGOBS wrote: »
    Incorrect!,Non national is a term used to describe a person is not from ireland.it regularly features in the media when discussing people from outside ireland,though a non national may have irish citzenship

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement