Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you please help

Options
  • 14-10-2013 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi I always wanted to play the electric guitars. But how much is a good one and is it hard to play

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,451 ✭✭✭Rigsby

As far as hard to play goes, this depends on how far you want to go with your learning and playing. To play any instrument to a high standard takes a lot of regular and focused practice. The work you put into it will determine what you get out of it. If you do decide to go ahead with taking up the electric guitar, I would recommend getting a few lessons to get you off to a good start. You'll learn more from a good teacher in one week, than in three months learning on your own.

As for guitars, this depends on how much you are prepared to pay. Buying used will save you money. If you are not sure that you will stick with it, you could consider getting a cheapish guitar. You can upgrade later if/when you decide you are in it for the long haul. The opposite view is the "buy cheap...pay twice" one.

"Adverts" has lots of great choices and bargains, if you want to go the used route.

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/music-instruments-equipment/guitar-bass/guitars/electric-guitars/441/

I'll leave it to others to recommend individual guitars. My advice is to go to a music shop and try as many as you can. The one that feels good in your hands, and sounds good to your ears, is "your" guitar.

Hope this gives some food for thought. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭sarkozy

A cheap/affordable guitar and a more expensive, better amp can improve your guitar's sound.

You should, as said, play everything until you find what you like the sound of - but you're trying out two things: guitar and amp.

Advertisement