Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben Wheatley to Direct in Series 8 (Season 34)

Options
  • 14-10-2013 9:35pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Something of an up & coming and critically acclaimed hotshot in British films at the moment (Kill List, Sightseers, A Field in England) this seems like a big coup to get him to direct the first two stories in Series 8. He's not a household name by any means, but definitely one that'd get people paying attention; I'm impressed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/articles/Ben-Wheatley-to-Direct-Doctor-Who-

There was also a rumour going around that Peter Jackson wanted to direct a story as well (even talking about taking the show to NZ to accommodate), so things could get interesting!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

He's directing a series 8 episode? Was he even born during the Pertwee era? Wonder how he'll use Jo Grant...

Anyway, yeah could be interesting. I haven't seen "A Field in England" but his other two films had a definite "rough and ready" feel to them, with hand held camera feel. I wonder if he'll break away from that for Doctor Who?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

ixoy wrote: »
    He's directing a series 8 episode? Was he even born during the Pertwee era? Wonder how he'll use Jo Grant...

Anyway, yeah could be interesting. I haven't seen "A Field in England" but his other two films had a definite "rough and ready" feel to them, with hand held camera feel. I wonder if he'll break away from that for Doctor Who?

Apologies to cause such confusion - it has been fixed *glare* :P

Yeah, he has a very definite rough, somewhat subversive style so how he'll translate that to Doctor Who should be interesting.

I hope it all results in more 'name' directors jumping on-board; it's nice to get the odd bit of stunt casting, but it'd be equally cool to get more exciting talent behind the camera too.

Advertisement