Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please Help -eFibre issue.

Options
  • 14-10-2013 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Somebody please help. I took part in the Fibre Trial in Wexford Town. Last May, I posted here regarding switching to eFibre mainly because the plans were cheaper

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056953187/1#post84758812

After many phone calls, I was told  to order eFibre as a new customer in order to go onto eFibre's new billing system. This would allow my  old account with my existing 25MB plan to close and I could be migrated to my new account and new speed of 50MB.

The install took place over two weeks ago. The technicians were delighted when they saw the fibre on the wall and they swapped the Thomson router (pilot) for the F1000 modem and left. They said my speed should increase in a couple of hours. I got a text in the afternoon saying I had been activated. My speed still hasn't increased. 

I have made dozens of phonecalls to Eircom at this stage. I've spoken to Customer Care and Technical Support. A Technician called out to test the line. It's a perfect line. I can see the exchange and have Fibre to the Home (customers on my exchange are getting FTTH, I presume as a consequence of the Pilot scheme).  Wholesale were involved at one stage. Agents agreed there was an issue (after convincing) and it has been escalated to the eFibre Team and a Senior Manager but nobody rings me or sorts it out.

I am confused myself at this stage but I'm convinced I have not being migrated successfully from one account to another despite what the Eircom system says. I was told today the old account  is closed but when I log in to myEircom and see the old A/C, it states I have a 25MB plan expected and as before) and my broadband usage metre is still ticking against that account.  You cannot view eFibre accounts online. I told them sending a technician out was a waste of time! I don't expect to get more than 25mbs when I'm on a 25mb plan. I want the 50mb I've being paying for the last two weeks! 

Unlike most customers moving to eFibre, I was lucky enough to have a fibre in place and to my home at that. The line is capable of 150mbs. I cannot understand why it is so difficult to put me on the correct plan at the correct price. I was told I was the first pilot customer to switch to eFibre but still. Can someone in Eircom take ownership of this and sort it out?

I have to say my experience has been very poor. Some agents were hopeless. Others tried to help but it was out of their scope because of the issues involved. There seems little point in escalating issues to faceless and nameless people in the back office if they do nothing. They could at least contact a customer to explain the issue and/or delay in it's resolution. 

I'd imagine I'm one relatively few customers outside of Dublin to have FTTH. Unfortunately, it's supplied by Eircom. I'm seriously considering cancelling my account(S) and D/D tomorrow and getting myself a crappy dongle. From potentially 150 MB back  to 2. 

Cian

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

m03et005 wrote: »
    Somebody please help. I took part in the Fibre Trial in Wexford Town. Last May, I posted here regarding switching to eFibre mainly because the plans were cheaper

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056953187/1#post84758812

After many phone calls, I was told  to order eFibre as a new customer in order to go onto eFibre's new billing system. This would allow my  old account with my existing 25MB plan to close and I could be migrated to my new account and new speed of 50MB.

The install took place over two weeks ago. The technicians were delighted when they saw the fibre on the wall and they swapped the Thomson router (pilot) for the F1000 modem and left. They said my speed should increase in a couple of hours. I got a text in the afternoon saying I had been activated. My speed still hasn't increased. 

I have made dozens of phonecalls to Eircom at this stage. I've spoken to Customer Care and Technical Support. A Technician called out to test the line. It's a perfect line. I can see the exchange and have Fibre to the Home (customers on my exchange are getting FTTH, I presume as a consequence of the Pilot scheme).  Wholesale were involved at one stage. Agents agreed there was an issue (after convincing) and it has been escalated to the eFibre Team and a Senior Manager but nobody rings me or sorts it out.

I am confused myself at this stage but I'm convinced I have not being migrated successfully from one account to another despite what the Eircom system says. I was told today the old account  is closed but when I log in to myEircom and see the old A/C, it states I have a 25MB plan expected and as before) and my broadband usage metre is still ticking against that account.  You cannot view eFibre accounts online. I told them sending a technician out was a waste of time! I don't expect to get more than 25mbs when I'm on a 25mb plan. I want the 50mb I've being paying for the last two weeks! 

Unlike most customers moving to eFibre, I was lucky enough to have a fibre in place and to my home at that. The line is capable of 150mbs. I cannot understand why it is so difficult to put me on the correct plan at the correct price. I was told I was the first pilot customer to switch to eFibre but still. Can someone in Eircom take ownership of this and sort it out?

I have to say my experience has been very poor. Some agents were hopeless. Others tried to help but it was out of their scope because of the issues involved. There seems little point in escalating issues to faceless and nameless people in the back office if they do nothing. They could at least contact a customer to explain the issue and/or delay in it's resolution. 

I'd imagine I'm one relatively few customers outside of Dublin to have FTTH. Unfortunately, it's supplied by Eircom. I'm seriously considering cancelling my account(S) and D/D tomorrow and getting myself a crappy dongle. From potentially 150 MB back  to 2. 

Cian
    Hi Cian,

Sorry to hear about the issues you had migrating the efibre package. Can you send me a private message with your telephone number full name and address and I will look into that for you.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 13 m03et005

Thank you Mark

PM sent

Advertisement