Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can Someone Else Lodge A Cheque In My Name Into My Account

Options
  • 14-10-2013 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

As the title says, can someone else lodge a cheque that has been made out in my name into my account?

I won't get a chance to get to the bank until next week and a family member would be available to lodge said cheque for me if it is possible.

If it is possible, is it just as easy as handing over the cheque along with the bank details or do other documents have to be signed etc?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

That's no problem. Relative fills out a lodgement slip with your bank details and Bob's your uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That's no problem. Relative fills out a lodgement slip with your bank details and Bob's your uncle.

Perfect. Thanks Liam.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Liam D Ferguson

The only things that are likely to cause any glitches are if the cheque is made out to someone slightly different to the account name. Example - account name John Francis Murphy, cheque made out to Jack Murphy.

Or if the cheque is made out to Paully D and Francine D (or Mr & Mrs Paully D) but you're trying to lodge it to an account that's just Paully D.

If the cheque is for a large amount, there might be money-laundering hoops to jump through.

Advertisement