Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will this laptop play high-quality games such as Battlefield and Medal of Honour?

Options
  • 14-10-2013 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I'm wondering if this laptop can play games such as Battlefield 3 & New Medal of Honour?

RAM: 8GB
    HDD: 1 TB
    Graphics card: Dedicated Nvidia Card
    Processor: Intel i5 2.5Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz w/ TurboBoost)

Also if you could maybe tell me how quickly this laptop will heat up, Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 dylanobyrne1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Need to find out what model graphics card is in it. If its the GT620, not a chance of playing games like that on it, if its the GT640, you'll get by on it OK. Better to be had for the money though. Check out saveonlaptops.co.uk. Great prices there.

Something like this for example is pretty decent for medal of honor at mid-high and bf3 at medium, which is good performance for a laptop at that price.

http://www.saveonlaptops.co.uk/LENOVO-Z500-59367136_1357423.html

Yeah, it's a GT640

You'll get by fine on those games with that card. I've a GT640 as well in my laptop and even though I don't use it for games (in fact I don't use it full stop since I bought it), I have tried games on it and most new titles run pretty well at 720p medium-ish.

• Advertisement

Is 15.6 inches a good screen or should I aim for higher?

Ehm, is there anywhere I could possibly buy that in Ireland, I don't like delivery from other countries, had bad experiences with it :/

Probably, but be prepared to spent another chunk of money on the exact same spec.

If you go to Dell, you can get an Inspiron 15R with an i5-3230, HD7730M 2GB, 6GB Ram, etc. Not a bad price. Have a look around the Dell discount codes, to drop the price. Not sure where else in Ireland you'd get a laptop of that type for around that money really.

saveonlaptops.co.uk are really a great website, never had a problem with them.

Here's a very nice spec for £499.

i5-3230
    8Gb Ram
    HD8750M 2GB

Faster than GT640 and 7730M.

Advertisement