Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Delay injuries board assessment?

• 14-10-2013 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I have a question about an ongoing claim... Im not sure if it counts as legal advice and I apologize if it is.

December last year I was in a car accident, I was hit on the side and the other guy fled the scene. I have since being suffering from bad whiplash all up my back and neck. Luckily my neck is almost better at around 80% of where it was before the accident, however, my back is not getting better.

I am getting weekly physio sessions and yet I still suffer a lot with my back. It seems as soon as I miss a session my back immediately gets worse and takes a few sessions before it gets back on track, but then after that very slowly improving. The ringing in my ear has still not gone away, but the shooting pains in my arm has and the spasm has almost gone away.

I'm getting an MRI done soon to see if any issues can be seen.

All that is probably completely irrelevant to my question but I wanted to give some background information.

I'm afraid that my back will take a very long time to get better and I wont be able to pay for the weekly physio sessions. Is it possible to delay the injurys board past the 9 months without having to go to court to make sure I am better or know how long it will take?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

This is exactly one of the serious problems with injuries board. It's also an example of an injury that should have the benefit of proper legal and medical advice.

There is statutory basis for The Injuries Board to extend the time for assessment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

I should have said I have a solicitor who is dealing with my case. I just wanted to see what you all think before I say anything to him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

DylanII wrote: »
    I should have said I have a solicitor who is dealing with my case. I just wanted to see what you all think before I say anything to him...

Your solicitor will know exactly what to do, as I said the Board can extend time, upto six months past the 9 and thereafter only with consent of claimant. Its rare for IB to hang onto case if there is open ended prognosis.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2003/en/act/pub/0046/sec0049.html#sec49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

i was in an accident in april 2012 applied to the IB in june 2012 liability was admitted straight away by third party insurance..my claim should have been settled by them in april this year but they extended by six months due to lack of mri reports. im sure if the IB can extend it your solicitor might be able to as well explaining the reason why

Advertisement