Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options
  • 14-10-2013 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭

Only 2 weeks until release.

Early access beta is also open very soon.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Where's the cheapest place to get this atm with beta access?

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Check this thread on the best prices for FM - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057015733

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I think the BETA is out now :D

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I think the BETA is out now :D
    It is :)!!! I'm downloading it as we speak, it's almost done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭L.A.D

SERGE SAMPER

Available on a free from BARCA at start of game

Act quick as they sign him to a pro deal a few days after game starts

5 star potential

Incredible signing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,864 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm still playing FM12 and am frustrated that after being in the CL for about 10 years in a row and making two finals, I still can't get young stars to even consider a contract from me. I'm down as a world class manager. Surely that should mean something?

Will the clubs success have more bearing on players entering into contract negotiations in 2014?

As far as decent players go, one I have found for amazing value is Koke from Atletico. He has a release clause of €15m. Definitely worth it. The next "Xavi" apparently.... I'm not sure so but an excellent player all the same. To give some perspective, Roque Santa Cruz has a release clause of €36m.

As far as decent players go, one I have found for amazing value is Koke from Atletico. He has a release clause of €15m. Definitely worth it. The next "Xavi" apparently.... I'm not sure so but an excellent player all the same. To give some perspective, Roque Santa Cruz has a release clause of €36m.

I'm playing as Leeds :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Not sure who to start off with this year.

For the last three years, I started as Spurs; a team who were top-mid-level, with decent players and one or two great players, but plenty to sell round with and plenty to shape. But I feel I won't be able to do that again now that the team is better this year.

Thinking maybe Swansea?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Thinking maybe Swansea?

Going with Swansea myself :D
    They have a nice balance in terms of difficulty and expansion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭TheFullDuck

some man

28ujv3t.jpg

Anyone else find their players missing absolute sitters constantly or blazing it so far wide? I went from Watford to Stuttgart and found my players doing the same thing at both teams. Hopefully its just a beta issue, cause I've never noticed it in other FM's and its as frustrating as hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone found the fitness levels are horrid in comparison to the last game?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Adrian Mutu has had a decent 3 years in charge of Sligo Rovers..

http://i.imgur.com/6OlCPPy.png

Looking like it'll be 4 in a row too.

Bohs last two managers have been Ulf Kirsten and now Jari Litmanen. Strange stuff happening in this game. Liam Buckley was hired as Trap's successor and led the NT to WC2020, scoring a famous win at home to Spain to secure qualification!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

Any one else having problems adding skins to FM14?

I'm using the default skin and it's ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Anyone else find their players missing absolute sitters constantly or blazing it so far wide? I went from Watford to Stuttgart and found my players doing the same thing at both teams. Hopefully its just a beta issue, cause I've never noticed it in other FM's and its as frustrating as hell.

Yes

corner flag shots or else shots that look like pass backs.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Yes

corner flag shots or else shots that look like pass backs.

Had a quick look over on the SI forums, its a known bug and will be rectified in full release!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

Got the game today 8 hours down. good game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

For anyone who wants to try this for free before its out, Preorder it on Amazon, they send you the code straight away for Steam, enter the code in steam, commence downloading, then cancel the order with Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Anyones else BETA crashing?

I've uninstalled it now just going to hold out for the full game

• Advertisement

Anyones else BETA crashing?

I've uninstalled it now just going to hold out for the full game

Only once happened to me.

Use auto save every week on 3 file rolling in ur game so it doesnt really matter.

The keepers are freaking super human. World Class saves every game (mostly from cutbacks, but also headers). Granted I'd have conceded a lot more if De Gea wasnt a super human for me but its frustrating when the oppo keeper is at it!

Has anyone had a problem with floated crosses either hitting the cross bar or deceiving the keeper completyely and going in?

Watching Southampton today has convinced me they are the team for me to try. Some really good players there but not superstars. Will try :)

L.A.D wrote: »
    Has anyone had a problem with floated crosses either hitting the cross bar or deceiving the keeper completyely and going in?

Loads of crosses hitting the bar, none have gone in though.

i am having problems with my players losing possession in the stupidest ways and no reacting.

Something I love...when selecting player roles, you can see player suitability. Delighted with that little addition...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Something I love...when selecting player roles, you can see player suitability. Delighted with that little addition...

Yeah there is a lot of nice small additions that make all the difference. Just need to iron out a few bugs and its a very good game tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,243 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Don't sign Rivaldo. He breaks easily.

I thought he'd be a decent option for the Chilean 2nd division, coming off the bench for the last 20 or playing the first 60. But he keeps getting injured :o.

Had to sub him after 26 seconds of the last match!

• Advertisement

So hows everyone finding the Beta thoughts etc?

Ive completed about 4 seasons in classic mode and find it a lot better so far.

Advertisement