Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got back into playing my Leipzig save, the bugs still need to be ironed out somewhat, it all looks so alien though, FM13 was the first game in the series that I skipped and did not pick up.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Two games in a row. One on the 26th and one on the 27th of December. My team is riddled with injuries.

:mad:

Anyone noticing that the flu is a common occurrence in their team?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Two games in a row. One on the 26th and one on the 27th of December. My team is riddled with injuries.

:mad:

I got to the end of one season and had a CL semi on Wednesday, PL on Friday, Sunday, Tuesday then Saturday.

I got to the end of one season and had a CL semi on Wednesday, PL on Friday, Sunday, Tuesday then Saturday.

How does that happen like? I don't think they ever happened to me in FM 12!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Was 7 points clear at the top of the league with 5 games to go and 2-1 up from the first leg away in the Europa League semi final.

Went on to lose the return leg to a 88th minute goal, and blow my lead in the league and eventually lose on goal difference.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,953 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mars Bar wrote: »
    How does that happen like? I don't think they ever happened to me in FM 12!

went all the way in the CL, League Cup, FA Cup and Club World Cup, which obviously caused problems.

Although there were also a few weekends in the game where there was a full program of PL games apart from me for no reason I could work out (no clash with other games for me or other team not playing).

Postponing games in the German 3rd div is crazy, just played 3 league games in 4 days due to international call ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Just finished my first season with Wolves.Won promotion easily. Was tight up until January, but then I just pulled away. Obviously not the hardest team to start with but next season will be a good challenge. Need to sign 3 or 4 more quality players. Have Oliver Norwood coming in during the summer but nobody else planned just yet.

table_zps366be68e.png

team_zps9c192ec2.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

• Advertisement

Having gone 20 games unbeaten, we did our utmost best to drop points in the next 20. Managed to secure 3rd place and automatic promotion to League 1 though! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Really want this game but my laptop doesn't have the video ram. Think it needs to be 120 ..

What laptops are people using here

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Cannot get Giroud to play well for me at Arsenal .

My current game is infested with Japanese regens, anyone else have that happen, they all have great potential as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Xenji wrote: »
    My current game is infested with Japanese regens, anyone else have that happen, they all have great potential as well.

Did you load it up as a separate nation or something? Might skew it a bit?

Did you load it up as a separate nation or something? Might skew it a bit?

Nope, I do not mind though, the way I am going will be able to field an All Japan 11 in a few seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

The Jap Challenge, win the Premier League with 16 man squad made of Japanese players.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭yoursaviour1989

Just wondering if anyone is having the same problem as me. When I got to launch the game through Steam nothing happens. I click, the 'preparing to launch' box appears and then nothing. Have tried clearing the content, uninstalling and re-installing but same story.
    Any advice on how to fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Coming to the end of my second season with Liverpool and i'm in the final of the champions league against Bayern.

Have my eye on a new Job already, and the Ajax job could be the won i want. Its either that or i might drop down a few divisions to get some one like Coventry back to the Premier league.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Somehow, in the season after getting promoted, I've got Gladbach at the top of the German first division after 12 games, with wins against Dortmund and Bayern :confused: I'm not that good. Guess my kids are clicking though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Have just Left Liverpool, and Got the Ajax Job .They came 6th last season, so this should be fun. The interview process was cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

closeline wrote: »
    Really want this game but my laptop doesn't have the video ram. Think it needs to be 120 ..

What laptops are people using here
    Anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

closeline wrote: »
    Anyone

Chassis & Display Optimus Series: 17.3" Matte Full HD LED Widescreen (1920x1080)
    Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7-4700MQ (2.40GHz) 6MB
    Memory (RAM) 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 (2 x 8GB)
    Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 765M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 11
    2nd Graphics Card NONE
    Memory - 1st Hard Disk 120GB KINGSTON V300 SSD, SATA 6 Gb (450MB/R, 450MB/W)
    2nd Hard Disk 1TB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
    RAID NONE

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭bedstuybosco

Anybody know anything about the iPad version of the game? Is it any less than the PC version?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Swansea offer me a job interview AGAIN.

Since they sacked me, they can't see to find a decent replacement :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,859 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anyone else feel the board don't give you much of a chance. I took over the United job half way through the season while they were 6th i finished 4th and won the Champions League. The next year i won the league by 10 points. They gave me a 65 million budget and i was tempted to sign world class players. But instead i have been rotating my young players and have had a poor start. 10 games in and i am in 9th and the board are not happy with my performance. Does anybody find this seems a bit bizarre that my job is under pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,198 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anyone else feel the board don't give you much of a chance. I took over the United job half way through the season while they were 6th i finished 4th and won the Champions League. The next year i won the league by 10 points. They gave me a 65 million budget and i was tempted to sign world class players. But instead i have been rotating my young players and have had a poor start. 10 games in and i am in 9th and the board are not happy with my performance. Does anybody find this seems a bit bizarre that my job is under pressure.

Sadly, this seems realistic to me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭L.A.D

Lads

Played an entire season and didn't score ONE goal from outside the box

My players shooting is so erratic, usually long shots go miles wide or are so weak the keepers catch them with ease

How do I fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Anybody having trouble with their fullback's ratings? Mine have been getting ratings of 5s and low 6s. It's supposenly a known bug according to SI, but I'm just seeing if it's the case with everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

glenjamin wrote: »
    Anybody having trouble with their fullback's ratings? Mine have been getting ratings of 5s and low 6s. It's supposenly a known bug according to SI, but I'm just seeing if it's the case with everyone.

Yeah I'm with a ****e club noticed lb and rb had terrible ratings so spent majority of my budget on good ones only for their ratings to be even worse

Advertisement