Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Yeah I'm with a ****e club noticed lb and rb had terrible ratings so spent majority of my budget on good ones only for their ratings to be even worse

Yep, cannot get mine playing well, all have great stats and still get terrible ratings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Thinking of playing 3 Centre Backs with a Defensive Midfielder sitting in front of them and having my wingers as Defensive Wingers doubling back to support the defense. Yet I'm struggling just as much to get my wingers playing well as well as my Anchor Man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Yeah, managed to get my hands on good fullbacks stats wise and they were still rubbish. I said it to Miles on Twitter and he said they re aware of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

And i thought i just had rubbish full backs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

And i thought i just had rubbish full backs
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    Yeah, managed to get my hands on good fullbacks stats wise and they were still rubbish. I said it to Miles on Twitter and he said they re aware of it.
    Xenji wrote: »
    Yep, cannot get mine playing well, all have great stats and still get terrible ratings.
    Yeah I'm with a ****e club noticed lb and rb had terrible ratings so spent majority of my budget on good ones only for their ratings to be even worse
    glenjamin wrote: »
    Anybody having trouble with their fullback's ratings? Mine have been getting ratings of 5s and low 6s. It's supposenly a known bug according to SI, but I'm just seeing if it's the case with everyone.

Its a known issue with the ME...Should be sorted in the next patch...whenever it comes out

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭L.A.D

Anyone?

Lads

Played an entire season and didn't score ONE goal from outside the box

My players shooting is so erratic, usually long shots go miles wide or are so weak the keepers catch them with ease

How do I fix this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I'm 4 seasons in to my game with Dortmund now and thing's are going really well. I've re-shaped the team I want and style , Finally found a formation and system that is working well for me 4 - 5 - 1 with a BWM, AP & BBM. Full back problem seems to be gone for me? I have Luker Shaw and Ricardo Van Ryn as full backs and they are playing well. Soem notes on how the players I've signed develop for anyone.

Luke Shaw - Excellent player , has developed into one of the best LB in the game, Half way into the 2017 season he has 6 goals and 7 assists. I think he could be in Gareth Bale territory soon , can play on the wing and develops the stats to do so.

James Ward Prowse - Another Southamton gem, great box to box midfielder he's 23now and in my starting 11. Makes the midfield a solid unit.

Will Huges - Developed a little slower than I hoped but he is competing with Gundogan and Herrera for the AP position. Will get better but a very good young player.

Balanta - Best CB in the world hands down, develops un-real stats 20 marking and tackling , positioning , strength Man City offered me 65 million in the summer but I rejected , he kicked up a fuss but I managed to eventually get him to stay and sign a new contract.

Gabreil Barbosa - (Ronaldo) - What more can I say? I sold Lewandowski to Madrid this season for 35 million as he was inconsistant and wanted to push Barbosa as my main striker. He has scored 23 goals this season (March) and stats have blown up. 19 finishing , 20 composure , 18 off the ball. Can unlock and destroy defences as a lone striker. Atlethico Madrid got a sugar daddy in the game and offered me 90 million for him , no thanks try 200 million.

Strange one in my game is that Chelsea lost a lot of players by them wanting to leave for continental football Mata , Willian and Hazard all left. Managed to sign Hazard with the Lewandowski money! way hey...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I played Wing Backs and they were 2 of my highest rating players constantly. Elekobi won fans player of the season 2 years in a row. Finished with my Wolves save for now. Got them promoted 2 straight seasons and survived my first season in the PL.

Started a new save with Boavista, in the 3rd division :eek: and on the verge of administration. This should be an interesting one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

YayaBanana wrote: »
    I played Wing Backs and they were 2 of my highest rating players constantly. Elekobi won fans player of the season 2 years in a row. Finished with my Wolves save for now. Got them promoted 2 straight seasons and survived my first season in the PL.

Started a new save with Boavista, in the 3rd division :eek: and on the verge of administration. This should be an interesting one.

Kind of regret never giving Elokobi a chance. Although Marcus Olsson has been really good, I've been chopping and changing Matt Doherty, Sam Ricketts and Kev Foley at RB.

Any good shouts for players to push on and do well in the Championship? I'm coasting in League 1, 22 points clear in March, and have signed a number of players I feel will do well in the Championship, such as Dan Gosling, Dedryk Boyata, Andrea Orlandi and Adam Federici, but my strikers have been absolutely shocking, can't get anything out of Griffiths or Doyle and Sigudarsson has been total muck. I have Macheda coming in the summer but could do with a goal machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Any good shouts for players to push on and do well in the Championship? I'm coasting in League 1, 22 points clear in March, and have signed a number of players I feel will do well in the Championship, such as Dan Gosling, Dedryk Boyata, Andrea Orlandi and Adam Federici, but my strikers have been absolutely shocking, can't get anything out of Griffiths or Doyle and Sigudarsson has been total muck. I have Macheda coming in the summer but could do with a goal machine.

Danny Ings(next Michael Owen) and Biro-Biro(next Romario). I signed both of them for Nottingham Forest and they got around 60 goals between them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The Japanese revolution at Leipzig is going very well for me, just finished my third season and finished third in the Bundesliga after two successive promotions, have high hopes of winning it next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Kind of regret never giving Elokobi a chance. Although Marcus Olsson has been really good, I've been chopping and changing Matt Doherty, Sam Ricketts and Kev Foley at RB.

No matter what I do I can't get my strikers to score. Doyle scored something like 25 in League 1 but I don't think I ad anyone score over 10 in the Championship. Ismail and Sako did brilliantly for me. Signed Jose Baxter to play behind the striker and he did ok. Got Sebastian Coates on loan and him and Stearman did brilliant. Premiership was a real struggle, even though I signed another 5 or 6 extra players, I couldn't get any money from the board so giving that save a break for a while. Finding it really hard to get my strikers to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

If you can, get Rochina on loan in League One if you are Wolves - he walks pasts players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Anyone using logopacks for their game? Have only come across one, the one on Sort it out SI, but the RapidShare links were really slow to download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I downloaded a logopack, facepack and kitpack from SI.

I went out training one evening and left it for a few hours and it was done by the time I was back.

GavRedKing wrote: »

I went out training one evening and left it for a few hours and it was done by the time I was back.

As in training for real football? Sure why would you be doing that it's taking away from valuable FM time??=)

Was gutted at the end of last season in my Dortmund save, treble was on , we were on fire won the championship with two games spare then lost 1-0 in the German cup final and 2 - 0 to Utd in the European cup.

Has been a decent summer in the transfer market though, I signed Goretzka from Schalke on a free and Adam Mayer from PSV on a free , that left needing to offload a midfielder though as I have too many central players with the two above Gundogan , Romero , Herrera and Will Hughes plus new gens.

Madrid have offered me 55 million for Will Hughes and I accepted, he's good but I think Mayer is better and it's a good profit I only paid 7 million for him a few seasons ago.

So that will leave me with my transfer budget of 48 + 55 + 103 million plus the two new players on free's. I do need a RB though, plenty in the pot to go and get a good one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

GavRedKing wrote: »

Thanks. Downloading the "shiny" logopack instead of the "metallic" one. Seems to download faster and isn't as big in size.

Noticed a bug in the game where I drew a game with my closest rivals and then got a message where the fans say they are "devastated". The word devastated not being the bug but the fact that it mentioned in the message that they hate losing to their rivals when in fact it was a drawn game.

Anyone ever get a similar message? It's a more minor bug but it still might make its way into the fans confidence section when it doesn't warrant it.

Getting me some serious Regens in my Leeds save this year.

Even the 15 year olds are world beaters.

Loving it

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Finally doing well with Southampton in my game. Injuries are crippling though...lost Ramirez 9 months to a serious viral infection along with other key players.Ward Prowse is unbelievable playing as CAM, hes running the show. Shaw is a class act at LB just got called into the England squad and suprisingly Chambers is keeping Cyne out of the team. Coming 4th at the moment, was 2nd for ages but hit a small drop in form.

Latest patch released. Let the football begin!

14.1.4 ====

STABILITY & PERFORMANCE - Fixed rare crash/freeze during processing - Fixed rare crash when using edited data - Fixed rare crash in backroom advice - Fixed rare freeze when processing

COMPETITIONS - Prevented teams from entering both Champion & EURO Cups - Allowed overage players to feature in Swedish Reserve league* (You will need to start a new save for this fix to be in your game)

CONFIDENCE - Fixed user being sacked for not dropping a player they already sold

PROGRESSION - Adjusted Free Kick attribute progression

TRANSFERS & CONTRACTS - Lower league players now more willing to negotiate contract renewals

EDITOR - Prevented IGE use in network game - Fixed free agents being unable to transfer in IGE - User can now activate Italian Serie D

MATCH ENGINE v1433 - Some important improvements to the engagement of the ball player with reduced slide tackle count - Fixed under hit near post corners that caused too many easy chances - Fixed the worst examples of wild off target shots and passes - Reduced long shots - Fixed bug causing some deflections/blocks to be potentially missed - Reduced directional change on regular player collision avoidance - Fixed metrification bug causing full back to run to centre of pitch when overlapping - Fixed bug where keeper storms out too fast when narrowing angle and risks overshooting target point - Increased fouls at lower levels - Pushed d-lines ups a bit when ball not in attacking third - Fixed some headers being directed higher than intended - Fixed keepers not reaching some obvious balls above their head - Fixed some instances of players not closing down ball player including at short corner - Fixed some instances of players not making no-brainer tackle attempt - Tweaked default cross aim point slightly - Some further tweaks to kick/header inaccuracy - Improved player blocking of shots and crosses - Fixed some minor bugs in ball deflection code - Some general improvements to engagement of ball player - Reduced instances of tackles leading to corners - Some more tackles made in danger situations - Improved detection of Clear Cut Chances when player behind defence - Slightly more opportunistic shots taken especially when chasing a goal - Small tweaks to some shot velocities - Minor tweak to pass AI reducing any risky short ones under no pressure - Full backs come a bit deeper to offer keeper pass in 4 man defences when long kicks not instructed - Reduced instances of keeper handballs outside area - Fixed red cards being displayed for these handballs outside area - Stopped players running through nets - Fix for some issues with high d-lines not positioning correctly - Fix for some issues with clearing header direction - Reduced instances of clearance kicks in unrealistic areas - Fix for keepers not saving some shots dipping and hitting woodwork - Fix for players not leaving obvious ball for keeper - Made keepers make use of their area better after catching ball - Reduced some long shots in deeper central areas - Fixed some examples of Clear Cut and Half Chances being missed - Tuned player match ratings

• Advertisement

Can't wait to download the patch

Liking this new patch, just scored 3 corners in a row! :D

That's probably not how it's supposed to work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Guys I'm looking to get new laptop. Hopefully one I can play FM on! Ideally what speed processor should I be looking at? Any other tips grateful I should look out for!!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Liking this new patch, just scored 3 corners in a row! :D

That's probably not how it's supposed to work though.

Screenshot please.

I've just been ****ing sacked!!!!

Got Leeds promoted first time of asking through play offs and board set me a target of staying up in Prem.

Its December 26th and we're 7 points clear of the drop zone.

WHAT THE ****???!!!

Is this a glitch? Do I reload my last save and cheat the game and replay my last match?

We've lost 2 on the bounce fair enough, but ive beaten Liverpool and Arsenal away and spent **** all

This has never happened to me before. I've never been sacked in all my years playing FM.

Board invited me to a meeting, said my job was under threat, gave me a target of 9 points from next 5 games which I said was achievable. That was fine. They said they'd give me 5 games. Clicked 'continue' and after next page load, I'd been sacked.

Please offer kind words at this most difficult time.

Devil08 wrote: »
    Guys I'm looking to get new laptop. Hopefully one I can play FM on! Ideally what speed processor should I be looking at? Any other tips grateful I should look out for!!

It really depends on your budget, How fast FM runs depends on two thing's 1. Your processor speed and 2. RAM then of course the match engine will depend on how good our graphics card is.

If you tell us your budget it'd be better to help.

i7 Processor is the best you can aim for and 8GB of RAM would run it very smooth. But this can be high end €700 - €1100.

I'm using an Asus N Series with the above spec and dedicated graphics card, can control processor speed 2.4 Ghz run the game nicely but if I up it to 3.2 Ghz it is extremely quick. The Asus set me back €950 a few weeks go.

Even if your budget is €500 you'd find something decent but will overpay at this time of year.

glenjamin wrote: »
    Screenshot please.

If what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

How is the game running in the new patch...will download it when I get home. Hopefully it will solve most of the issues this year have been very frustrating for FM users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Anyone notice if you have someone on a hatrick and you get a penalty they'll step up to take it .

Mertesacker got one for me the other day .

Nice if you're winning 3/4-0 but In a close game I'd rather my designated penalty taker took it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

Irishcrx wrote: »
    It really depends on your budget, How fast FM runs depends on two thing's 1. Your processor speed and 2. RAM then of course the match engine will depend on how good our graphics card is.

If you tell us your budget it'd be better to help.

i7 Processor is the best you can aim for and 8GB of RAM would run it very smooth. But this can be high end €700 - €1100.

I'm using an Asus N Series with the above spec and dedicated graphics card, can control processor speed 2.4 Ghz run the game nicely but if I up it to 3.2 Ghz it is extremely quick. The Asus set me back €950 a few weeks go.

Even if your budget is €500 you'd find something decent but will overpay at this time of year.

Looking to spend about 450 max. I never use 3D match engine so not worried about graphics card too much. I'll probably wait until January for the sales. Would an AMD processor be any use?

Advertisement