Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2014 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Devil08 wrote: »
    Looking to spend about 450 max. I never use 3D match engine so not worried about graphics card too much. I'll probably wait until January for the sales. Would an AMD processor be any use?

I've a Sony Vaio with Intel i3 processor and 4gb of RAM. Runs very nicely, I don't use the 3d match engine either though. For that budget you should be able to get something with an Intel i5 processor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭L.A.D

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BASTARD BOARD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Going to start a new save for the new patch, fingers crossed my full backs are able to play now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Lightbulb Sun

Devil08 wrote: »
    Looking to spend about 450 max. I never use 3D match engine so not worried about graphics card too much. I'll probably wait until January for the sales. Would an AMD processor be any use?

Got an i3 with 6gb RAM for about 420 recently. Has a Geforce graphics card included as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭sdowling04

Going to start a new save for the new patch, fingers crossed my full backs are able to play now!!

To make the new patch work do you need a new game save or can you carry on from the old one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Mars Bar wrote: »
    If what exactly?

Of your corner setup.

@The Leeds Sacking. Again this was a known bug where managers were getting sacked too easy. Apparently fixed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 220 ✭✭L.A.D

glenjamin wrote: »
    Of your corner setup.

@The Leeds Sacking. Again this was a known bug where managers were getting sacked too easy. Apparently fixed.

Downloaded latest patch. Doesn't seem to have made a difference

****ing heartbroken :(

sdowling04 wrote: »
    To make the new patch work do you need a new game save or can you carry on from the old one?

Most of the fixes will work in your current save afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,915 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Of your corner setup.

1469969_10153508995395307_17790842_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

What skin is that?

• Advertisement

"Better Panels for Official FM2014 Dark Skin" from the steam workshop

You have to have the official dark skin installed first.

Are they free?

They are! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Anyone else dominating games and still losing... Derby (me) just lost to Burnley with 61% possession to 39%, 13 shots to 7 and 7 on target to 2. The score was 1:2 meaning my keeper didn't make a save :( Seen a few too many of these for them to be a one off...

cant find any skins on Steam?

When you're in your library you should see the option to browse your workshop

scroll down and on the right hand side you should see a list of categories. Tick the skins one and you should find them there. Subscribe and install.

When you're in your library you should see the option to browse your workshop

scroll down and on the right hand side you should see a list of categories. Tick the skins one and you should find them there. Subscribe and install.

How do I install or use the skin?

Anyone else dominating games and still losing... Derby (me) just lost to Burnley with 61% possession to 39%, 13 shots to 7 and 7 on target to 2. The score was 1:2 meaning my keeper didn't make a save :( Seen a few too many of these for them to be a one off...

Constantly happening. Though clear cut chances are the important ones, I normally have double what my opponents have, my forwards are just lacking a bit of quality though so that might be it.

How do I install or use the skin?

I think when in the Workshop click subscribe when in whatever you want to download. Then on the start screen of the game, go to downloads, change tabs at the top and there will be a list of whatever you have subscribed to there, then just click install. Thats how it works with tactics anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Folks

I've just bought FM2014 and keeps crashing

I bloody must have clicked on a logo\ad for sega because the last time it went back to the desktop and google had sega home open...but I couldn't go back into my FM2014 session.

I couldn't even kill the session\process in task manager

Irritating to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭glenjamin

@Mars - are you still banging in the goals from corners?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I've been scoring an outrageous amount of goals from corners with Wolves.

Danny Batth by CB has 10 goals, he's 3rd top scorer. Dedryck Boyata came in in January and already has 7 goals. My CBs are more reliable than my strikers.

I haven't even changed the corner tactics, but the deliveries are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I find sticking your tallest CB at the front post is best.
    I think Mertesacker had 12 goals from corners :pac:

@Mars - are you still banging in the goals from corners?

Not 3 in one game but I must be getting one at least every second game. My centre back its my top scorer!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Having a dreadful season at Gladbach in my forth year with them. Despite the fact all my kids are reaching their peak, just drawing games left and right.

And now Arsenal have offered me the job. Not sure I can turn down such a big team...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

There seems to be a ridiculous amount of red cards given out in this game. 18 games into the championship season and theres been 42 red cards. My last save before the patch there was a crazy amount of red cards in the premiership aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Having a stunning season in my Dortmund game, really enjoying this save I have to say.

We were on for a treble last year and lost the german cup final and europian cup final. Were back on this season, have the title wrapped up and now the two finals. Have been beaten in the past two European cup finals so determined not to loose this one...and who else but Bayern Munich this year.

Just beat them 4 - 0 on the last day of the season to wrap up the League so confident I can do them again in the final...I can't loose 3 finals in a row.... I just can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Irishcrx wrote: »
    Having a stunning season in my Dortmund game, really enjoying this save I have to say.

We were on for a treble last year and lost the german cup final and europian cup final. Were back on this season, have the title wrapped up and now the two finals. Have been beaten in the past two European cup finals so determined not to loose this one...and who else but Bayern Munich this year.

Just beat them 4 - 0 on the last day of the season to wrap up the League so confident I can do them again in the final...I can't loose 3 finals in a row.... I just can't.

I have. :(

In my FM13 Chelsea save I went onto win 4 league titles in 6 years and got to 3 UCL finals back to back, lost the 1st to Real on penalties, the 2nd to Barca in extra time and the 3rd to City who had bought Gabby Agbonlahor in January, he hadnt played a game up until the Final, starts the UCL Final :confused: and gets a hat trick, couldnt believe it, lost 3-2 in extra time again.

I knew I was destined to never win the UCL at that stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I have. :(

In my FM13 Chelsea save I went onto win 4 league titles in 6 years and got to 3 UCL finals back to back, lost the 1st to Real on penalties, the 2nd to Barca in extra time and the 3rd to City who had bought Gabby Agbonlahor in January, he hadnt played a game up until the Final, starts the UCL Final :confused: and gets a hat trick, couldnt believe it, lost 3-2 in extra time again.

I knew I was destined to never win the UCL at that stage.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

That's rough,

I lost the first one 2-0 to Utd , the second one to city on penalties after leading 2-0 at half time. Was convinced it was our year last season in the Semi final we lost 3-0 at home to Athletic Madrid and were all but out. Went to spain in the second leg and attacked them from the first minute, high tempo , direct, overload and won the game 4-1 to go through, thrilling match then go and loose the final.

I actually can't wait to go home and play it now.

Advertisement